What music would you have your children listen to?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by 003 • May 8, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have children yet, but when I do I think I'll have them listen to classical music. I'll introduce them as early as they can listen, even during when they are infant. When they grow older, I'll let them listen to any song they want and I'll stop insisting classical if they don't really feel close to it.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't have children yet, but I would just let them listen to whatever music that they want and not impose anything on them. My mom used to impose on me certain things that I didn't really like, so I swore that I will never do the same to my future kids or other people.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When my nieces visit me I always have listen to children's songs, nursery rhyme - stuff like that.

I particularly like the songs made by Cedarmont. Of course they are the same old songs you'll find anywhere [it's raining its pouring, my bonnie lies over the ocean and such like but they do a decent job of making the videos and because it's kids singing, other kids who watch tend to enjoy such songs even more.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would just let them listen to whatever they want because music has a great importance in my life and I'd imagine that they would be the same way. I consider TV and music to be in a different avenue. TV is primarily for entertainment. Music is much more than that so it's important for people to get the experience that they want.

5. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Any music without suggestive or cussing lyrics I think would be alright. I'm amazed at how raunchy music is now and kids listen to this stuff and don't think twice about the lyrics it's really crazy. I don't know if I completely buy the "you're kids will be smarter listening to classical music" propeganda we've been getting in recent years, but hey if it's true then I would increase them listening to that.

6. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't "have them" listen to anything. I would want them to listen to whatever they liked. I believe some censorship is needed, sure, but for the most part - I think kids should have a lot of freedom when it comes to stuff like that.

7. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't try to have a kid listen to any music. It would be nice if they liked what I like but it doesn't seem likely. They would get to listen to whatever they want, however music today really makes me feel disconnected. There's just so much variety and sub genres of sub genres. It's kind of alienating.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I would have them listen to anything but Pop music. I want my children to listen to real music not just electronic beats that loop for 3 minutes with a hyper sexualized female singer singing about stupid stuff. Definitely Classical music for starters, then I would let them in on my Rock and Metal collection if they're old enough.

9. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    Well I don't have children yet but I think anything kid like and appropriate for children is fine. I don't mind them listening to popular music as long as its the clean or kidz bop version. I would also want them to listen to music from my culture to give them a better understanding of wear we come from.