What new online trends are you seeing for making money?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Onionman • Jan 6, 2015.

1. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I've made over $300 from Bubblews before. I mean the first few months that they were live but now it seems that they are paying less. For now I am being active in blogging and google adsense. I think that's the best that I could do because I love to write.

2. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I made some money out of Daily Two Cents, which I joined last July. But it's harder to do well on the site at the moment, so I've put it to the side to focus on more productive uses of my time.

3. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    One that I learned of (through another that I'm currently using) is

. I saw a story there about how a big company has raised $75,000,000-or-so by investing in Bitcoin!

4. vdenayb23

vdenayb23Member

Threads:
    I try alot of wah jobs what I learned is that if you want to earn enough you have to work on multiple sites at a time. I even use phone apps a really good app is called apptrailers every 500 points is 50cents aand its a breez earning 500 points all you have to do is watch videos comment on things you can do scratch and wins and down load apps a trick I learned is you can watch a video over and over and you dont have to watch the entire thing and you still get your points it goes faster I cash out once a month on this and earn an extra 50 to 75$ a month on just that app I enjoy fiverr,humanatic,sigtrack,inbox dollars,fusion cash,survey savvy an more. I try to pace my self but I strive to make at least 500$ a month off work at home jobs alot of them take time and alot of effort but it can be done trust me!

5. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I have been doing freelance for a few years - but sometimes clients can be few and far between - so I have other sites I use to make money - InstaGC is a good one- it's a rewards site you do small tasks like watch videos or sign up for e-mail newsletters and get points - and each 100 points = $1 you can cash out at any amount in the form of an e-gift card, bank draft or a check. Points rack up quick - been on this site several months and have already earned roughly $250 here's a link if you want to try it out.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I also tried PTC sites but I don't really make much money with them. I am currently working at CastingWords. It's a transcription services website and so far, I have made around $100 with them in just a month. You just have to devote more time and effort in transcribing audio files because it really is a tough job. Good luck!

7. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    ... after reading many of the responses (which I'm sure you can do to, but I still feel compelled to offer my summary ... an addiction to discussion, will

?), the summary-answer that comes to mind is "We don't work 'to make money'---Don't get me wrong; we like money & prefer doing things that make money over doing most of the things we might do for free, but 'the amount of money online-work brings us' is usually not "enough to justify career-switching."

No, most of us 'work online' to express ourselves and/or to profitably 'pass the time' we have free between work/school & eating/resting. Oh, many of us "fool ourselves" into thinking we're 'applying ourselves in something constructive'; but it's ... much the same way church-goers fool themselves into thinking they're 'going so that they can be closer to God.'

8. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    A lot of people also want to make online money as a main job, but it's hard to make enough to totally finance your life with online jobs. It's true however that a lot of people prefer the creative site of them.

9. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I had the feeling someone would say something like that (like Sylvester Stallone's Judge Dredd, "I knew you would say that! :cool:), and was going to respond something like, "Yeah, I 'want to make online money as a main job'; I also want to spend the night with Nicki Minaj, but where's THAT downline?"

10. Kteabc

KteabcNew Member

Threads:
    There are tons of ways to earn money online. I've heard that reselling or flipping is one of the easiest ways to earn. I've not personally done it because I have ZERO dollars to invest. It really depends on what you are good at and how much time you are willing to invest.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think offline jobs are going to come back in a big way.
    Once people realize that slaving away all day for $5 on the internet isn't worth it,
    because they can make that much in less than an hour at a job, there will probably be fewer of these threads about online work.
    When I babysit , I make $10 an hour, which would take forever to make by clicking on websites or writing content. I'm not against the online work, but it doesn't pay much and it takes over your whole life. At least with a job, once you're done, your time is your own.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I refuse to invest anything but my time and energy. Any site that asks me for money has me running for the hills. I don't care how legitimate it is, I just don't have money to give away, that's why I'm online plugging away, trying to make a few $$$ LOL

13. Lushlala

Threads:

I think given the chance, most people would go with a regular job that offers a guaranteed monthly income and some benefits. I know I'd take it, but jobs have become very scarce ever since the crash and companies continue to either freeze recruitment and/or retrench their employees. The next best thing is to slog away online just to make a few $$$. As the economy recovers and more jobs become available, I suspect many people will start looking to work offline.

14. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, the model for online-work is kind-of off: It runs on the idea that there are 'millions who'll read the writing of one famous person.'

If Jimmy Fallon wrote an article online & attached it to NBC's SNL- or Tonight Show-programs (webpages OR TV-broadcasts), there'd be 'bazillions' of viewers for it---almost enough to make him a few cents!

But if you weigh that against 'how much it costs to get famous' ... I bet Jimmy's still in debt! (oh, he manages to keep the debt-collectors at bay ... he's got some powerful friends)

And people who try to get you to JOIN THEIR WRITER'S NETWORK and 'prosper' from the bazillions of readers you're suuuuuuuuuuure to have don't encourage you to factor-in that '

!'

15. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I like to write articles as my main source of online income because you can earn a good amount of money in a short amount of time if you get some clients lined up. I was recently blessed with a project in which I had to write about 30 articles and so I had to put all of my micro work on hold for a couple of weeks and just do the tasks when I had a little free time. The bug projects do not come around very often, so you have to jump on them at full speed when you get a chance. Taking surveys on Clixsense usually yields me about $10 a week and it is much better than writing on sites like CGP gallery, where you only earn a few cents per post of you are lucky. You just have to experiment to see what your earners are going to be.

16. Lushlala

Threads:
    I was planning on focusing on writing from the beginning of this year, but Alas! all 3 sites I was writing for all folded in very quick succession :( Because of this, I've decided to take a breather from writing gigs and try to re-group. I'm now focussing on other things other than writing, and will maybe re-visit it at a later stage. I have one writing site in DTC, into which I need to put more effort.

17. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    What's the current payout dynamic at DTC looking like? I haven't done anything on their since December, having started writing on there last July. I was hoping to see passive income to kick in, given that I have about 200 pieces there, but I'm seeing far less passive income each month (i.e. close to zero) than I was seeing last year.

18. Lushlala

Threads:
    I personally haven't got far with it, to be honest onionman. BUT it seems promising. They have recently improved the look and feel of the site, which was always a sore point for me; the overzealous use of green just didn't work for me LOL But on a serious note, a couple of people who're doing very well via DTC have advised that in order to generate a decent wage, you need to share your articles on other social media platforms. They say they didn't start seeing any returns until they started sharing their articles. One of them told me she can actually make $600 a month, and apparently you don't even have to cash out. Whatever you make in any given month is automatically transferred to your Paypal account. I'm very keen to persevere with it :)

19. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Out of all the sites DTC is run by people who do write, but you are doing all the marketing for them. Basically by sharing on social media is giving the site and your article better SEO and backlinks. That's what a site needs traffic from outside sources and it's the same for HubPages. You advertise your work to get people to read it.

20. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have had the best luck with writing content mills and the sites in which you post your writing inventory and wait for it to sell. You don't have to wait around for views and you know how much money you will earn once the piece sells. It can take a while to sell some pieces of work, while others will sell fast.