What office supply item do you always keep on hand?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Kam147 • Oct 16, 2012.

1. Kam147

Kam147Member

Threads:
    For well over a decade, I have never been without at least 10 sharpened Mirado Black Warrior #2 pencils within reach. What is your "item of obsession", so to speak?

2. bellahpereira

bellahpereiraMember

Threads:
    Just one item? That's a hard one. I'd have to say pens. I have a pencil holder for blues, another for blacks, and another for coloured pens. My boyfriend thinks its a weird obsession but I'm afraid of not having a working pen - and pen of the colour that I want for that matter. But if I get to pick more than one, I'd want to add my sticky notes. They are the first things in my drawers. Always. :D

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I am unable to take my obsession for pens. I always feel comfortable taking a pen to hand. It's funny because when I need them they are hidden. They breed in the drawers, but with the same speed they disappear. Like the previous comment, I try to organize them by color. Even, I know the stroke of each, and use them for different tasks. The pen is an element of creation, is a tool and in many cases a short-range weapon. There needs to be pens everywhere ... :p

4. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I am wondering if the consensus for this will be pens, because I'm seeing a trend here. I am lost without a pen, rendering me unable to write checks and pay bills, correspond with others, make lists and notes to myself and others. No home office is complete without a large supply of pens, preferably nice ones that write smoothly.

5. deannatroupe

deannatroupeMember

Threads:
    Definitely pens. I have a pen in every purse. I have pens by the computer. I have a special cup that I keep pens in. The kids get yelled at if they move the pen by the computer. I have to write stuff down or I forget.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My name is Parker and I have a pen obsession. I thought I was the only one. I can spend an hour in the pen/pencil section looking at pens. I so hate it when I finally find a model that I like, then I can't find it again.

7. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    Mine would also be pens. And it's funny but I prefer cheap Bic pens that either have the soft grip or they are the type that you click at the top for the ink to come down to write with. I must have one of the two but many times I don't see the ones with the click on the top (no cap). I must always know where a pair of scissors are too though, you just never know when you need to use them. I find that I use them a lot lately.

8. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    For me its legal pads. I never seem to be able to have enough. I write down my things to do list everyday. I hate it when I need to write something down and I can't find a pad to do it.

9. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I always have pens in my purse. I may have a notepad as well. I always carry pens with me because it seems that I as well as others are always in need of them. It seems as though someone is always looking to write a number or a note down. I used to carry paper clips with me because they were fun, but there really isn't much of a use for them so I don't carry them with me anymore.

10. A.P.W.

A.P.W.Member

Threads:
    I have heaps of pens, and rulers, pencils, neatly sharpened at all times and other office equipment such as staplers and staples, methodically placed, so I know where they are. when I want a pen, It annoys me no end if it does not work, this drives me crazy when I can not find one working pen. I am very particular about what kind of pen I like to write with as well. It has to be a certain brand. This is my weakness. I feel that famous saying 'the pen is mightier than the sword' is true.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that most people here always carry a pen wherever they go. I also do that too, but I don't carry them when I'm just gonna go to the mall. I also have to have an eraser in my drawer, because I use it to clean the gold part on RAM's and my memory cards when it gets dirty.

12. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I always need a good, black felt pen. If I don't have a felt pen then I can't write. Preferably from Paper Mate if I can find them at Office Depot. That and a big yellow legal pad to write on.

13. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pens, it has to feel a certain way in my hand so I am always looking for a god pen. I worked for years as a bookkeeper so pens are important to me. Next it would be copy paper, I buy paper so in case.

14. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    When I mostly work from home, it's imperative that I have a pad of paper, my scheduler, a pen and my digital voice recorder when I'm conducting interviews for work. It's also important that I have water by my side otherwise I won't get my sufficient water intake for the day. Oh, I also have my radio channel changer.

15. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    It can't ever be just one item. I have to have thumbtacks, staples, paper clips, and pens. Everything else I can readily see when they're getting low. It's the small items that can get depleted before you realize it, if you're not paying attention.

16. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am usually obsessed with having some kind of filing folders or a filing system.
    I just hate when I have lose papers all over the place and then things usually get very messy on my desk if I don't have this system in place.
    I usually have everything in paper lips anyway but having a folder that opens with compartments is something I can't live without.