What Old Things Are Better Than The New Versions?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by LordAndSaver • May 23, 2016.

1. LordAndSaver

LordAndSaverMember

Threads:
    Over the past couple of years, people, myself included, have reverted back to using safety razors. Why? For me it began with buying multi-blade cartridges in a store for ludicrous sums of money. I thought to myself, in a very info-mercial esque way, "there's got to be a cheaper way!". Oh, and there is. It's not hard to do the math when it comes to safety razors. You pay a one time fee of around $20-30 for the blade holder itself, I like Merkur myself, which will last you basically the rest of your life if you treat it reasonably well. The blades themselves are the most attractive part. A 100 pack of Derby blades will cost you around $8.28 on Amazon. That's $0.08 per blade, and in my experience, each blade will last you around 5 or 6 shaves if you thoroughly dry it off after use; that's around two cents per shave! But what about quality? Best shave of my life, and totally without razor burn. Razor burn is typically caused by multiple blades going across your face and abrading more than just your hair. Now, here's my question: what other old things are better than the new? How do you work these things into your life, while saving money in the process?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One expense I do not like to pay is my cell phone, I use skype on my phone and freedom pop to text. I plan to get myself from freedom pop a mobile internet so that I have a connection all the time. I don't use my phone that much so it should not cost that much and a lot less than $50 a month.