What one item could you not go on holiday without?

Discussion in Travel started by sarz • Mar 6, 2014.

1. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Aside from all the essentials is there anything you just couldn't bare to go on holiday without? Or what would you be most upset about forgetting?

One of mine is an obvious but important one. The camera I would be gutted if wasn't able to take holiday snaps whilst away of all the fun we'd had or the sight we had seen.
    Its also nice once you been back home in the cold a while to look back and reminisce about your fun in the sun.

My mums would probably be dettol wipes :) she takes them everywhere she goes :-D

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think there is anything non-essential that I couldn't go without, I typically won't take even one thing that isn't absolutely necessary because I like to pack as light as humanly possible. I guess most people would say my Bible isn't essential, but I never leave the house without it, not to go to work, shopping anything, it is always in my purse, it's more precious to me than my next meal, I would never want to be separated from it.

3. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I think that one thing that I would not be able to go on vacation without would have to be my cell phone. I simply to connected with it and I would really feel like I am disconnected if I do not have it.

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Cell phone and charger is high on our "Don't forget the..." list.

If it is a family vacation, we can't leave without our kids blankets, which they all call their "boo." They can't sleep without them. It would be hell to forget the boos. Ironically, my younger sister says it would also be hell to forget the booze.

I also hate it when I leave the house without my chapstick. I use Palmer's cocoa butter, which isn't actually sold just anywhere. It is annoying not to have it and to have to replace it when I'm stuck.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would have to say that the one object that I'd have to take with me, would be my laptop. I'd just have to hope that wherever I was staying had wifi connection. I don't ever go too long without internet connection. I also work online, so even if I was on holiday I'd still do my online work. I cannot afford not to. Come to think of it, I'm not sure how I'd afford this holiday, unless someone else was paying for me lol. But yeah, it wouldn't be my cell phone. It's be my laptop. That was I could skype call people without the constant 'low battery' warnings that my phone is always giving me.

6. Micheleteresa

MicheleteresaMember

Threads:
    Definitely could not do without my cell phone, its my life line because even if I do not want to carry my laptop I still have many of the same online capability's from my phone. I don't like traveling with more than a backpack and the lighter the better!

7. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Micheleteresa! I agree with you and of course I am also very conscious about my cell phone to take it with me during my travelling experience. I think it is a basic thing and more important part of your life and you cannot refuse its importance in our lives.

8. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    You are right roki123, now cell phone becomes one of the most important parts of our lives. I always keep my mobile phone with me during my torus. We can capture a lot of awesome locations of the world without any worry. It is easy to carry. We can also save our precious memories in it.