What online platforms do you watch movies on?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by TPhoenix • Mar 7, 2014.

1. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    There are several ways online that you could hunt down movies to watch. Netflix is one of the best options out there for a reasonable price every month. Do you use Netflix or any other sites like Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus? What about even YouTube themselves? They offer a pretty cool list of free and priced movies that you can indulge in. If you use any of these or any other sites you'd like to share, what are your experiences with them?

2. Guru

GuruMember

Threads:
    I use Netflix for almost all of my online movie watching. I can watch it on my Xbox, Smart TV or laptop. I've tried LoveFilm before but I felt that they didn't offer the variety that Netflix did. I'm interested in trying Hulu too, a few of my friends have been saying good things about them.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard of another streaming site but have never tried it because I don't even know if it's legit. Does anyone know a little more about putlocker?

4. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    In most cases I use Netflix. But at times I just prefer to download the movies so that I can watch them later when I feel that I need some entertainment. I download my movies on 300mbfilms.com.

5. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I just use Netflix to be honest. Everybody loves Netflix for a reason, it simply is the best. I also occasionally download movies from torrent sites. I know torrenting is not legit but everybody's pretty much doing it so i really don't have the heart to feel guilty or anything.

6. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    For me, I once had Netflix but I don't anymore, not because I don't like it, I actually love it! but because I found it a little hard to pay at times, Netflix does well for a person with a steady flow of income, without that, it will be very difficult to keep up with Netflix payments, so what I do currently is 1)go to the movies, and 2) when I can't go, I watch a movie online, at Putlocker! :) Putlocker seems to be on top right now, and I hope it stays that way, they're good! any other movie sites?

7. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Either Movie25 or Alluc, is my way to watch crappy uploaded movies for free. I don't care about what people have to say about film pirates and people who support them, because most movies make their money on DVD/VHS/Amazon sales, which most people who see the crappy online versions will buy anyways.

Otherwise, I go to watch movies from Youtube, Dailymotion, Hulu, and Vimeo.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Those are pirated movies.

I watch movies on Netflix, YouTube and Amazon Prime. Hulu has a limited selection of movies.

9. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I've long been an advocate for Amazon Prime as you just get so many things for the price you're paying each month. It's less than $10 a month (if you're a student, it's $5) for free 2-day shipping, amazon music and amazon TV shows and movies. The selection obviously isn't the most up to date TV shows, but there is still plenty of great things to watch with it and you get all the other added benefits. It depends on what you're looking for, but Amazon prime easily gives you the most bang for your buck.

10. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I have netflix. I've had it off and on for the past few years. Sometimes I put my sub on hold if I'm not using it or there hasn't been anything new added lately. I think it's well worth the price. I have an Amazon prime trial right now but the video isn't included with it. Once it expires I'll consider buying the full subscription.

11. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I utilize Netflix and Hulu Plus, the former for movies and the latter for current television. They're both good for different things, and they're the best services available besides HBO, until HBO becomes an online subscription in the first half of 2015, instead of being attached to a cable plan. I use a couple other services infrequently, too.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only watch videos on Youtube and Veoh. I actually rarely watch tv too, so it would be useless to spend money on Netflix and such sites. I'm content with the free shows that are being streamed from free video sites.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've used Hulu (the free version, not Plus), Youtube, Crackle, and Drama Fever to watch movies. During the times where I didn't have cable, these platforms came in handy. I was still able to keep up-to-date on current movies and shows. If you don't have cable, but have the internet, you'll still be fine.

14. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually use Netflix to watch movies and other stuff. I prefer Netflix over other sites as I am subscribed to them. I think it is best if one thinks about subscribing to the specific website as it is quite cheaper. It is also better than using the TV.

15. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I watch Netflix and Hulu Plus all the time. Especially, more lately since "Gotham" is on Hulu Plus. I also watch a lot of anime on them. But I also have to admit sometimes I do download movies from time to rime from torrents. I don't keep them. But sometimes there's a movie I really want to watch and it is not available on either Hulu or Netflix.

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I recently tried out our local version of Netflix and it is very convenient and I was very impressed. I could use it on all gadgets and I could stream it to my tv easily just by using a phone or tablet. I've also tried hulu on my laptop but I'm less impressed with their software as it takes only a minor bump in our internet connection to send the tracking on the video right back to the very start and I'd have to deal with scrolling and loading times after that and since I'm not paying for premium I have to deal with the commercials too. I'd be more open to paying them if the software was better.

17. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Previously YouTube was probably our most watched online movie platform. The quality isn't that good but certain download can be watched in HD. I'm addicted to Hallmark movies and they are all available for free. Recently though, we weren't finding everything we wanted and so did watch some advertised 'online streaming' after typing into google what we wanted to watch. We just picked the first thing that came up and was a secured site. I personally think it is risky but my computer has been acting up terribly anyways so I think its on its last leg. If I loose it to a virus I'm not as upset as if I were to be using a new purchase. That being said, I do not want a virus and sometimes I worry that using sites like that make you more at risk. I'm not very techie so I'm not sure if my fears are even founded. But I would only choose to stream something from sites like that if I were desperate. THAT being said, when should be really be 'desperate' to watch T.V.? Okay, I guess its when you can't get the version of the Voice you were trying to watch? lol

18. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Going through the thread I would conclude mine is quite simple talking about the platform I mostly use to watch movies. Simply put it's the popular Youtube. I watched several local movies here in the past when I had the luxury of time. Nowadays I do that less. I think Youtube is easily the most popular online platform for movies.

19. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This has really varied over the years. When I was a little younger I used to watch a lot more and that was probably illegal to some degree, but these days I mostly just use the Hulu and things like that.

20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    For me, I am not used to of watching online movies regularly. I have hear lot about Amazon prime, but so far never used it. Though I am using youtube and daily motion most of the time. These days we are having Jio apps here which is offering many free services. One of the service is online movie. So I can watch various movies on this Jio app without paying single money.