What price are you willing to pay for an Android App?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Oct 2, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of free and paid Android apps. Most of the apps that are installed in my Android phone are free apps but there are also a number of paid apps installed. Paid apps range from a 99 cents to more than 10 dollars. Given the price disparity of Android apps, what is the average price that you would pay for a good Android app?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the maximum amount that I would pay for an Android app would be $5. In my opinion $10 would be too expensive already.

3. lindbergh

Threads:
    Ditto. If I like a certain app that's worth more than 10 bucks, I'll just hold on to my money. But any amount lower than 10 bucks, I would find reasonable. I remember purchasing an app worth 7 bucks and it's extremely useful for my online endeavors. I don't regret purchasing that app.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never really been the type to buy apps. Most of mine are free I think I have brought one my whole life lol. But I think for a good app the most I will pay is 5 bucks if that. And it has to be a really good app that would be very useful to me.

5. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I've never purchased an app before (unless I receive a gift card or something). If I were to purchase one though, I'd say from around $0.99 to $2.99 at the maximum. The thing is that the app is only temporary until a new and better one comes out so I find it ridiculous to spend more money on it. I've found some really good free apps that allow me to do what I need.

6. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of times i see the apps, try them out, fight against all the ads and then realize, before buying it, i can simply get it for free from somewhere else. If i was to support the developers, i wouldn't pay more than $1, i don't think there is such thing that requires more than that.

7. lindbergh

Threads:
    Oh my. I wonder what the app and game developers are thinking right now. Are they even making enough money to make a living? I mean, not a lot of people are willing to dish out cash to purchase apps because there are a lot of free ones available for download. And let's not forget that there are also a lot of torrent sites that give free downloads for the premium apps and games.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I`ll rarely pay for an app. There are so many free great ones out there, that I find paying is most times unnecessary. I have only ever paid for apps maybe twice. The absolute higher I would go is 2.99, but only if the app was absolutely necessary... I think 1.99 is usually what they cost.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most of my apps are free. I have only paid for one app. I paid $5.99 for it. I paid that much because it was a charity fundraiser. I really like the app, but I wouldn't have paid $6 for it otherwise.

10. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I would pay a maximum of about 5$ for an app that I read really great reviews about. Other than that, 2-3$ would be my upper limit.

11. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Nothing, I believe that there are enough quality free apps to cover whatever I wish to do with my phone.

12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    A few dollars is the most I ever payed. Actually only one time I payed around ten because it was for something that I really wanted which was garage band. I knew I wouldn't regret this purchase and I certainly didn't regret it.
    However anything around ten dollars that's a simple game or productivity app isn't really worth it in my opinion unless you know you'll be using it everyday.

13. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, the maximum price I would pay for an Android application is about $6. I would never spend any more than that on a game, because it is not worth it that much. I cannot see myself spending more than that, because I don't like wasting money. I would much rather get my applications free, using workarounds.