What product do you use coupons for most?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by PubD • Nov 16, 2012.

1. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    I am surprised to find that for the last few months, I've been using more bread coupons than anything else. I don't think I've paid more than 40cents for a loaf of bread in ages... most of the time I can get bread for free.

What about you? What grocery or household item do you almost always use a coupon for when you buy it?

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually get a lot of sugar coupons when i do get them i find it very hard to get the coupons i want to start doing a lot of coupon searching and ad matching to save on groceries but it seems so hard and i have no idea on where to start.

3. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Since I've started used WebSaver.com or Save.ca, I've been getting coupons mostly for bread, soy/almond beverage and cereal. The other day, bread was on sale at the store and I used my coupon and it was free! The two sites are fantastic and I wish I used them before.

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    For online shopping, I use most coupons for clothing. "You can never have too many clothes", that's my motto. If I get a good discount in a coupon (say 30%), I keep adding items to my cart.

5. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    I started when I started following a local extreme couponer on Facebook. I'm not even close to extreme, but she posts just about every coupon and freebie she finds online or in the papers. I only clip those things I usually buy... bread, yogurt, milk, eggs, shampoo, frozen veggies, etc.... I have maybe 50 coupons total at any given time. Then once a week I look through the flyers and see what's on sale. I make a list for each store I shop at and see if I can match them up with my coupons. Because I have relatively few coupons, it's not so hard to remember what I've got.

I love the samples and free stuff too. I think I've gotten enough dish and laundry soap samples to last me for a few months.

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I tend to score great coupons for shampoo and conditioner. Also, for basic food items like milk etc, but I get a really great saving with coupons for haircare products. I am hoping to score more for other products too...how exciting, how much one could save! (-:

7. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I often use coupons for clothes and cosmetics. Sometimes I also use them to buy groceries and notebooks. Using coupons saves a lot of money :)

8. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    All I seem to be using lately is yogurt and diaper coupons. For some reason, I have a bunch of yogurt coupons. I always have diaper coupons and always need diapers. So that works out well. I can't wait to get my older child potty trained.

9. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Actually lately I've been using survey coupons and mailer coupons the most. I tend to get Dunkin Donuts every week on my way to work and on the receipt you can complete an online survey. When you do so you get a code which you write on the receipt and redeem later for a free donut. I've used that and also mailer coupons I get in the mail from some of my favorite online plus size clothing stores.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Or local online retail store gives out coupons regularly so I just mostly use those for small items I want to get here and there since their options are very varied. Besides that I also use coupons for restaurants although these are the types you'd have to by from a site and I don't use them as often as if want to because most of the time the restaurants that offer regular promos on these sites are ones that don't appeal too much to me but from time to time one or two will pop up that will catch my attention which is why I regularly check even though I don't find anything most of the time.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use a lot of pasta and cereal coupons because they are plentiful and my daughter and I eat a lot of cereal and pasta.
    I also use coupons for Tyson products when they're available because my kid likes many of the Tyson products like their chicken patties. One time I used 22 Jenny O turkey coupons to save $22 on ground turkey and the people in line were surprised to see a shopping cart full of ground turkey. But I don't get embarrassed when it comes to coupons.

12. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tend to use cat food coupons the most I guess. Cat food is expensive these days, and getting money off of it is something tha most of us like to do. I will buy my cat name brands of chow as long as I can get money saving coupons. They are important in terms of getting the cost down on the products.

13. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I used to use coupons all the time to buy diapers. I could easily save $2-3 per bag of diapers. Now I use coupons mostly for cat food. I look for Friskies, Iam, or Purina coupons and when that cat food goes on sale I use my coupon as well so I get double the savings. Couponing is a lot of work and I find if I don't use the coupon right away I forget about it and it usually expires before I can use it.

14. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I use coupons for vegetables most often. I find somehow I seem to come across a lot of those and not a lot for other products I actually use. If I get my hands on any pet food coupons I'll be sure to use those as well, though. They're just harder to come by, I tend to find. Especially with one of my dogs having to follow a stricter diet because of a skin condition he has. I agree with @purplepen88@purplepen88 that if I don't use the coupons right away I can forget about them and end up not getting to use them. I'm trying not to do that so often now though!