What proportion of your Christmas shopping is done online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by GemmaRowlands • Sep 17, 2014.

1. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although I'm an avid online shopper, I've never done any Christmas shopping online. However, I think that's bound to change because I've moved countries in the last year and where I currently live, I've not got as many options and everything is very expensive. I've got my trusty online stores around the world I'd rather order from. It's a blessing that many of them offer free worldwide postage :)

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say that almost 90% of my Christmas shopping - birthdays included - is done online. I don't have a car, and I hate taking public modes of transport. I also can't be bothered to wait around for someone to take me places. If you just order things offline, it cuts all of the leg work out. Plus, online products are usually cheaper.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is an older thread, but I love Christmas, and shop for it year-round, so thought I'd post here. I do quite a bit of my shopping online these days. I don't like crowds, especially nowadays, when so many people appear to be in a rush, not to mention rude, so I do about 80% of my Christmas shopping online.

In addition to avoiding the crowds, I love to take my time finding just the right present for my loved ones. By shopping online, I can search around for the best deals, and also for unique, handmade gifts, which I prize above others, as do most of my family and friends.

I save some shopping for the in-person Christmas rush experience, but mainly, that's window shopping and people watching, because I enjoy seeing others rushing about, seeking to find gifts, decorations, and specialty items. I enjoy being immersed in the shops and activities when I don't feel the stress of actually having to sort through whatever is left, especially overpriced merchandise, since I love bargains. Knowing my shopping is pretty much complete, I can enjoy the festivities, and the season.