What Ringtone Do You Use?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by kingusama92 • Jun 2, 2012.

1. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Harmless thread about your phone ringtone?

Have something funny for your ringtone? Do you use an average ringtone just to get by?

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I use the default ring tone of my mobile. I don;t care with the sound really I just want it to be loud so that I can answer calls immediately. I know that when somebody is calling me, it is important so I hate missed calls.

3. TylerC94

TylerC94New Member

Threads:
    Default ringtone all the way. It is kind of annoying though when there is someone else who also uses the default ring tone.

4. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I use a ringtone that I downloaded. It's the sound of a person laughing almost in a maniac way. Its the type of sound that gets everyone smiling. When it rang for the first time after I had downloaded it, I was on my own at home and I cannot describe the fright I got! The house was dead quiet and all of a sudden I hear this laughter out of nowhere. I had completely forgotten about the ringtone and it sounded as if someone else was in the house with me.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I also use one that came with the phone, some sort of guitar. It sounds pretty good and it's loud enough for me to hear it :p

6. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    In fact, I don't even use ringtones. I find the whole thing obnoxious (just my opinion) so I always have my phone on vibrate or silent. I don't receive many phone calls (probably because I'm a curmudgeon and shmootz), so I always opt for vibrate. I can't stand the loud ringtones or the annoying music ringtones of some rapper or rock and roll superstar who will cut his or her mother's throat.

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I have a clip of "Groove With You" by the Isley Brothers for the average call and "Dance" by Sylvester for my mother. So, you can pretty much figure out how many times I actually reach to answer my phone, right?

8. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I use a bunch of old video game ringtones for my phone's ring. And I don't mean any of these newer games either. I'm talking the classics that only the old schoolers would recognize.

9. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    For my text tone, I have my little brother saying "Beep! Beep!" :D.

For the ring tone, the chorus of one of my favorite songs.

10. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Mine is always on vibe mode! I like knowing that someone is calling without everyone else knowing about it, too. I know that probably sounds pretty boring but I am older and like it that way.

11. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    My ringtone used to be the default ringtone, but I got bored of it and I downloaded a music box rendition of a show's theme song. It sounds so nice and it's not to bothersome when it plays in a public area.

12. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I randomly change my ringtone. I download new ones or make new ones using myxer.com. Whatever song I am in the mood for or suits my mood is what I download to use.

I love changing my ringtones, it also allows me an additional way to find ones that will play loud enough on my cheap junkie phone for me to hear. The ringtones that came on the phone are too quiet even with the volume up too full volume.

13. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I just use the ringtone that comes on my phone. I think people who feel the need to have custom ringtones just want to get attention. It's like they're screaming, "hey everyone listen to my cool ringtone! Yeah! Someone is calling me right now because I'm so important!!".

14. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    The muppets theme song. Ma na na na....do do do do do.......Mana na na.... do do do do......mana na na ......dodododo do dodo do dododododododo.... love it

15. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I've just been using the default ringtone but most of the time my phone is on silent or vibrate mode. But once in a while I'm in the mood for a change so I'd make my own ringtone to use.

16. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use the standard ringtone for my phone. I have been considering downloading something a little different. As one of my favorite tv characters said once, "What's life without a bit of whimsy?'

17. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I use the vibrate function, so I don't go crazy with the sound of a ringtone. I do use music songs as my ringtone, but they get a little old after a while. The vibrate is better in my opinion because it's discrete, and no one will know someone is calling. When I first bought my phone I had a ringtone, but I turned it off after about a week.

18. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I change ringtones all the time. I like to use theme songs or songs from my favorite shows or movies. The one I always seem to go back to is "Carry On My Wayward Son" by Kansas. It reminds me of Supernatural which is my favorite television show.

19. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's funny that my cell phone rang as I opened this thread, haha!

I don't bother buying ringtones. I feel like that's a waste of money. I just use the standard ringtone that came with my phone. If I changed it at all, it would be to a regular "ring-ring-ring" noise, like an old school phone.

20. polenksz

polenkszMember

Threads:
    I used to use different songs as my ringtone. Now I just use the normal ring tone, I just like the idea of the regular one. Kind of takes me back when there weren't any cellphones yet. So now, it's the basic ring-ring for me.