What Shampoo Do You Use & How Do You Save Money?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by SEA81 • May 23, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    What is your favorite kind of shampoo and how do you save money on that brand?

I like Pantene Pro-V, and have been using it for nearly 20 years. I get $1.00 coupons in the Sunday paper and Publix and Kroger will often have sales. If I could find another way to save money on it, I'd love it, so I'm hoping to see some great ideas here!

2. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I buy mine at the dollar store. I like the VO5 brand.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using dollar store shampoo as well, but I'm thinking I need to upgrade, haha! My favorite brand used to be Carol's Daughter. I'm thinking I need to find a way to get a discount on that shampoo... like a manufacturers coupon if I can get one. But then again, I make my own hair conditioner from kitchen items, so I think it's okay to get a little expensive with my shampoo.

4. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I love Herbal Essences and Pantene. I hardly get to save any money when I buy them because there's no coupons here (not that I know of). However, when I come across them at a discounted price in pharmacies or supermarkets, I'll buy a few bottles. Huh.. I suppose that's how I save money - lol.

5. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I've gotten so many free coupons and samples that I haven't had to really buy shampoo in a long while! My favorites though are the Ever line from L'Oreal since they are sulfate free. When it is time for me to buy shampoo again, I would look for coupons and hook them up with a sale or CVS ECB or something like that.

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Well, I usually look at certain pharmacies, you can get most brands much cheaper. You can even contact the company and tell them you are a fan and interested in trying out there new stuff. We have been given samples before, you just have to ask. The dollar store or similar is an option. Also, looking online at the actual company's webpage?

7. lynda22

lynda22New Member

Threads:
    I also like Pantene, and I use the kind for color-treated hair. I usually just buy it whenever it goes on sale, and I buy the bigger bottles to save money. Also, the prices at Wal-Mart are usually cheaper than those of most drugstores.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy my shampoo from a beauty supply shop. I like to use a clarifying shampoo and a cholesterol conditioner on my hair.

9. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I use Nioxin only because at one stage my hair was falling out at one stage and I was becoming slightly concerned. My hairdresser suggested I use the Nioxin brand. It worked really well and soon I could notice a difference. One uses such a little at a time that a bottle lasts me for a couple of months.

10. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Head and Shoulders.

Have a bit of problem with dandruff, so been using that. Keeps the head clean and I think the smell is actually pretty respectable. I wouldn't even mind using it as a normal shampoo.

At other times, I have used a variety of shampoos. Never really caring for the brand.

11. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I like the Pantene, it does not make my hair feel all greasy. When I use the Dove or even the other more expensive brands my hair feels like a grease pit the next day. To save money I use the coupons as well!

12. Ainjell

AinjellMember

Threads:
    My hair is not average. My father's father is Dutch (blue eyes & black straight hair). My father's mother is Indian. My mother's parents are both African American but my mother's mothers' father was Caucasian. So, my hair is soft and shiny but it is very curly and difficult to manage. It took me a while to find the perfect shampoo for my hair and since I've found it, it has worked very well for maintaining my curls. I love Herbal Essences. Not only is the smell intoxicating but they have different types for all different types of hair. When i want to be curly, I use the purple bottle (called Totally Twisted). When I want to straighten my hair, I use the Dangerously Straight (also in a purple bottle). As a rule of thumb, I ALWAYS buy the shampoo and conditioner because they are formulated to work together.

I save on these products by waiting for them to be on sale (if I can). It generally takes me a month or two to run out so even if they are not on sale, I can save up the $12 it takes to purchase them when the time comes. My store of choice to get them is at CVS because they usually have deals inside the store and since I have a CVS card, I spend a dollar or two less than I would at WalMart or Walgreens.

13. Marya

MaryaNew Member

Threads:
    Everyday I used any kind of shampoo with conditioner.
    My hair is not sensitive whatever shampoo I use.
    I also take homemade like olive oil and coconut before washed my hair.
    Its look shiny and smooth.

#13Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  14. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I was spending a lot of money on expensive shampoos and conditioners. Then, my hair got really damaged when I tried to do it myself one month. (ugh) I have started using Wen by Chaz Dean. Ok, before you say what the heck that stuff is $29! Well, even with my crisp hair, its all I need. It cleans my hair, makes it smell really good, and is also a leave in conditioner. With this shampoo I found I don't have to wash my had as often. SO, for $29 I am getting, Shampoo, Conditioner, and leave in conditioner that lasts me almost 2 months. It is also really helping my crispy hair get better.

15. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am not too picky when it comes to shampoo so I am not likely to spend a lot of money on it. I usually get the generics because they are really inexpensive. I have found some stores do carry a generic version of Pantene for a lot less and it works just as well.

16. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I usually switch up shampoos because my hair adapts too quickly to what I am using. I try and buy my bottles in the largest size possible. This usually works best for me in saving because I have very thick hair and regular sized bottles barely last 2 weeks for me. Also the larger bottles usually have coupons so I stack a few coupons when I go buy and its just like paying for the regular sized bottle.

17. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    It depends on the price. I will only purchase shampoo if it's $1 or less. I will never buy shampoo for more than that price. Usually, the $1 or less shampoos are the coconut ones and most are generic brands. To me, it's all the same in the end and I can never tell the difference between the different shampoos.

I save money by following my practice of not spending more than a buck.

18. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy my shampoo at the Dollar Tree. I'm not very particular about shampoo as long as it smells good. I am however more picky about my conditioner. I usually buy a different brand.

19. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I actually found that the shampoo makes absolutely no difference in how my hair turns out. It's all in the conditioner. So I buy really cheap shampoo like Suave for a buck a bottle. Then I splurge a little more on conditioners that'll give me a good texture.

20. lauraemilia

lauraemiliaNew Member

Threads:
    I have tried so many shampoos with or without conditioner, and I am satisfied with Pantene, because it does not make my hair feel all greasy and it's not expensive.