What Shampoo Do You Use & How Do You Save Money?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by SEA81 • May 23, 2012.

1. adriana2012

adriana2012New Member

Threads:
    I use schauma Q10, I like it very much because it makes my hair very soft and stronger.
    I started using it about a year a go, but I am very pleased with it and I believe I will use it for a long time.
    It also has a good price, but I don't think I save a lot of money with it.

2. happyrocinante

happyrocinanteBanned

Threads:
    I tend to buy Suave just because it is cheaper than others. I used to buy Pantene but they change their formula every once and a while and the last few times I bought it my hair became oiler faster. I already have oily hair and have to wash it every day (and usually by the end of the day it is oily again.) My hair isn't sensitive to anything other than that so I just buy whatever is cheap.

3. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    I like the Kiss My Face 'Whenever' shampoo and conditioner. No parabens, no SLS, no unpleasant preservatives, not tested on animals, etc etc. Also its scent is green tea and lime so it's a great citrusy way to start my day. :)
    I've tried Lush products but I find that it took too much trial and error to find something that worked with my hair. It does help that they do samples but when I tried one of their shampoo bars after sampling it I discovered that it actually dried my scalp out pretty badly after about 2 weeks of use.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that you can save money by not using a conditioner, assuming that you use one. If not then I guess you can simply dilute the shampoo with water when it is already half empty, so that you can use it much longer. I use Head & Shoulders by the way.

5. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I actually get a Detangling Olive Oil Shampoo and Conditioner in one. It is really good and I only pay a $1 for it. I like the way it makes my hair feel, but it is a little runny. It does exactly what it says by detangling my hair. Then I will put in Africa's best Olive Oil Leave in Conditioner. I feel I can never have to much conditioner.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best shampoo is no shampoo. Your hair will regulate itself without the nasty chemicals which dry out the scalp and infiltrate the bloodstream. Look at the ingredients list in shampoo, do you really want all of those chemicals in your body?

7. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I use Head and Shoulders and I buy them usually in bulk using coupons so I really save a lot! Before I was a little embarrassed to use coupons but then I realized how much money I was saving, I stopped being embarrassed and just use them everytime I go to shop! :) Those small pieces of papers have worked wonders to my budget.

8. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I use the VO5 brand of shampoos. Not only are these economical in price but they have pleasant light scent about them. Around my home this is another important factor. I live with family members who have issues with certain scents and one of these is certain brands of shampoo. I have found that VO5 doesn't have a diverse effect on them, and that its also a good shampoo. So, this is the brand that I buy now, and probably will stick with this brand for these reasons.

9. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I use the suave professionals. I do try to get the kind of shampoo that adds body to your hair. Because I have baby fine hair, and I need all the lift I can get. I have tried VO5 shampoos, but both myself and my sons do not like it. I will not spend a boat load of money on shampoo. I just do not see the point in it. But I also will not buy a dollar store generic brand either. Because alot of these liquid products such as shampoo, laundry soap and body washes all have way to much water. You are paying for over 50% water when you get the cheaper dollar brands. When I get coupons on occasion I will get Aussie, or Herbal essance.

10. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I use dove. I like the one for colored hair. I make it last longer by adding a bit of distilled water and a few drops of olive oil to it. This not only makes my shampoo last longer but makes my hir soft and silky. The olive oil acts as a conditioner too. I also add grape seed oil or argon oil to my shampoo based on what I have at the moment.
    Apple cider vinegar one part (Cap full) to ten parts of water and two drops of conditioner makes your conditioner last forever and make it talmost completely natural.

#30Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  11. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    That's an interesting idea, Maddie. I've never considered adding oil to my shampoo. I suppose that could be like turning it into a combination conditioner. I have tried a variety of different shampoos and there are a few different ones I like. I have added tea tree oil to my shampoo before, but nothing else. I don't always use a commercial shampoo though; sometimes I use African black soap, sometimes I use Dr. Bronner's. My concern is more with the conditioner I use.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never thought of using olive oil to my shampoo, I just put a bit of water to dilute it when the content is running low, and it really helps prolong the usage of one bottle. I wonder how greasy it would feel to have oil with your shampoo. I'd rather use conditioner if it would feel uncomfortably greasy. :D

#32Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  13. CliffLife

CliffLifeNew Member

Threads:
    If you're looking for quality hair shampoos/conditioners for helping with your hair and giving the proper nutrients, check out stores like T.J. Maxx. They always have "legit" salon shampoos and conditioners that generally cost $50 for $10-20. The real savings with these shampoos is that you only need to use a dime size to make them last. I generally use Nioxin products and they will last me close to a year if the right amount is applied properly.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also have been using Pantene often. I also like Garnier shampoo and conditioner, which are even cheaper! I don't have a habit of buying with coupons, I always forget to bring them with me to the store! So what I do is that I always get the products on some sort of sale, either buy one get one 50% off, or reduced prices or even just a better price for the shampoo and conditioner set. I don't remember the last time I paid full price for a shampoo and conditioner.
    Whenever I see other brands I like on sale I will also get them. It's the case with the Yes To brand - they have Yes to Cucumbers and Yes to Carrots, both of which I love, but they are a bit pricier. So whenever they are on a sale I will usually get at least 2 of each!

15. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer any type of organic herbal shampoo. I have dreadlocks and have discovered that is the best shampoo for my hair and scalp. Not only for people with dreadlocks but for everyone. Also, try to stick with the shampoos that are water based opposed to cream based. Water based shampoos clean and wash out better whereas cream shampoos build up in your hair overtime.

If you want to save money, you can simply use an apple cider vinegar rinse. Just dilute with water and pour/rinse through your hair while in the shower.

16. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    We buy the Aussie shampoo. We both use it instead of buying two different shampoos. However, we buy the huge bottle for 5 bucks. It will last us about 2 months or more at a time. I have long hair, he has...really no hair. But it saves us money instead of having to buy a small bottle every few weeks.