What Should I Give My Sister For Her Birthday Present?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by JimRZ • Jan 5, 2017.

1. JimRZ

JimRZNew Member

Threads:
    I'm thinking of giving her something simple. Like followers, accessories, or phone case. What should I give her? I know that she likes roses, ear rings. But I don't know about phone case. Does ladies like phone cases? I just looked up several cases, and Spigen, OtterBox, or DesignSkin looked okay. Need advice. Thanks.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on her age and her likes. You can gift her perfume, a smartphone, key chain, a top/dress/jeans, shoes, a diary, pen, bags/purse, makeup or ornaments depending on her age and likes as I said before.

Phone cases? Nah, not very girlish, unless she is in need of one and a fan.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know your sister the best. What do you think she'd enjoy for her birthday? Has she hinted to you of what she likes? Whatever you decide I bet she'd like it. People who are nice to remember birthdays are treasured always! So nice of you to think of your sister for her birthday!

4. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    You must be familiar with her choice. So, select something based on that. You can give books, mementos, a photograph of something memorable from your past etc. And as you've mentioned that she is fond of ear rings, you can select something which you think she'd like. Ear rings come in different design and shape where you have a whole lot of options to pick from.

5. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    Gift should always be something that receiver will like or will use. Therefore, when you are buying gift, you should the interest of the receiver. If you want to give gift to your sister, think about the things that she likes, but she does not have. If she collects something, you can also get those things as a gift to your sister.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    It all depends on what she likes. You can notice this with the things you see her use more often. Since you did say you wanted to gift he a phone case how about a flower printed one since you said she likes flowers. I am not really a phone case type of person but she might be. Do you see her changing up her phone case quite often? If so, then a phone case is the way to go.

7. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    If she loves flowers, I would consider giving her one rose and then buying another small gift as well (something that will last). One rose is enough to make someone smile, without costing a ton of money (for something that will die quickly anyway).

I love flowers, but I hate that they are expensive and don't last very long. I always feel like it's too frivolous a gift for me. I don't want someone to spend a lot on me, especially not for flowers. Your sister may not feel the same though.

I'd probably get a rose, a pretty card, and a small item for her to unwrap. Earrings are often a good choice, and you might still find some after Christmas deals.

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    If you don't know what to buy her, why not a 10-dollar gift card for a general store? I think gift cards are the perfects gifts because they get to choose their own gift. Either that or just give her 10 physical dollars.

If you want something nice, I suggest buying her a plastic flower (I know a lot of people that don't like real flowers because they're a chore to take care of) then you can purchase a box of chocolates to go with it. Maybe even a small bear as well. It would cost you 10 dollars at the most and it looks very nice.

9. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Now would be a great time to find chocolates and stuffed bears on sale, since Valentine's Day is right around the corner. There should be lots of cute stuff out right now. With the post holiday sales going on as well, you can get more for your money.

I like to shop for gifts, especially when I can get more than I expected to get. If I can give them more items for the same money I planned to spend in the first place then I'm going to walk away happy.

Finding something cute on sale is always a good feeling. Then, you can add to it if you like (or just hold onto the savings).

10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    First it will be good for you to have an idea of the things your sister likes. Why not buy her a good Top and a fine Jeans. I am sure most girls do like this kind of combination. In addition if you have more money you can buy a nice pair of lady shoes to match.

11. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    True and if it were me, I would prefer lots of cheaper items than just one very expensive item. It looks better as well because you can wrap them all (except the flower) and it will seem as if you spent way more than you actually did. What you can do is purchase lots of candy from the 99 cent store as well then tie them to a stuffed bear's hand.

12. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    You should perhaps give your sister something that will help her to work hard and make some money in the long run. Remember that if you give someone a fish, you feed him or her for a day. If you teach that person to fish, you feed that person for a lifetime....

13. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am very glad that I do not have a sister for this reason. Women are just harder to shop for, and I have enough with the wife and the mother that one more would make it that much harder and the wallet would suffer that much more.

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Another way to go about this find out what things she would like for a birthday. Without letting her know you planning a surprise birthday gift for her have a chat with her and get to know her choice of items for a birthday. That way you will be in a better position to know what to get her.