What Skill Or Talent Would You Like To Learn?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by angelicagapit • Jan 22, 2015.

1. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    If you had all the resources, money, and time in the world to learn a new skill or talent, what would you want to learn?

I'd probably learn DJ-ing. It would seem pretty cool if a girl could DJ.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would like to learn to fly a helicopter or plane. I think it would be great fun and useful, so free! The downside it costs a lot of money and also you need to fly regularly to keep your license so currently it is financially not possible, though still an ambition.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to learn the mandolin or bouzouki, or maybe both. I don't have the money to buy an instrument right now though. If I ever get one I will have to teach myself because the cost of lessons is just out of the question for me. But that's ok, it won't be my first instrument so I think I can figure it out with patience and the help of YouTube videos.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of skills I'd to learn because I grew up poor and didn't have access to a lot of things.
    I would like to learn how to swim, skate, ride a bike ,drive and dance really well.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always wanted to know how to draw. But I'm awful. I'm dysgraphic, so there's not much I can do. I would try to practice if I got a good teacher and decent amount of time, though.

6. janetsjunk1972

janetsjunk1972New Member

Threads:
    I would love to learn how to create wood crafts. Using a saw blade or one of those hand tools to cut out a design in wood, and create something beautiful in the end out of something so plain. Big or small items, I would like to create jewelry boxes or maybe pieces of furniture. I love sewing and making jewelry so it would take my artistic abilities to a different level.

That and maybe pottery making. Handmade pieces are so beautiful with their colors and different designs. And it's got to be a very relaxing craft to do.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Anyone can act, right? I've heard it said that anyone can learn to act. So if I had the opportunity, I'd learn acting, start a drama club and we'd start making some youtube vids. Who knows? If they are good enough, we'd not only get to be famous but also earn some good cash in the process.

Dreams . . .

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would love to be able to speak multiple languages. English is my mother tongue. I did speak German as a kid. I also took Spanish in high school and college. I can only speak a few words of each. I would love to be able to speak at 3 additional languages.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for reminding of my new year's resolutions. One of the things I'd really to re-learn again until it forms part of my skills or talent is playing the piano and the guitar. It's been ages since I played those instruments. I used to be able to play them decently. Secondly, I'd like to master Japanese and either French or German. So far, I've only managed to memorize (through animes and Japanese movies) a few nihongo words and phrases.

10. guineapigsandgardens

guineapigsandgardensMember

Threads:
    I would love to learn how to speak a few more languages. I currently only speak English and rudimentary Spanish. Eventually I want to hone my Spanish skills and pick up Latin, French and Italian. What can I say? I'm a complete sucker for the Romantic languages. And the Latin? I have a small obsession with linguistics and the history of words.

11. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Learn DNA biology so I can work with a bunch of researchers to create a liquid that once is consumed, increases a humans body and mind in vitality and adaptability by 10 times over! Yes, I like to dream big. Also, I would like to learn how to read faster, that is a talent even Bill gates and Warren Buffet wish they could have.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish I could speak at least three additional languages; especially Italian, French and maybe Portuguese. I've also always been interested in makeup and the world of beauty. I'd go back and retrain to become a makeup artist with aspirations of working with the most reputable and biggest of fashion houses.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd like to learn how to assemble and troubleshoot a pc and fix various cellphones. I also would like to learn how to create and design a website. Mostly practical things. Those are actually feasible, since I only have to make time for them, but unfortunately, I currently don't have spare time to learn it.