What sort of music do you like?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by maxparker0 • Sep 9, 2014.

1. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I just love music. Whenever I'm listening to music, I feel like I'm at peace and I love the feeling. I like EDM music the most. Avicii is my favorite. What about you guys?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    EDM is also my favorite. I like BT, Zedd, Porter Robinson, Calvin Harris,Madeon, Basement Jaxx, Paul Van Dyk, Deadmau5, Xilent, Iamamiwhoami. Tiesto, Swedish House Mafia, Andrew Bayer, Armin Van Buuren and lots more.
    Some of my favorite EDM vocalists are Christian Burns, Jan Johnston ,Jes and Kirsty Hawkshaw. Electronic dance music can be energizing or relaxing depending on which artist and song you choose.

3. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I agree that EDM can energize and relax as well. Some songs make me want to dance no matter wherever I am, and music of some takes me to a whole different world. :)

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Avicii too. It's unfortunate that he canceled his Ultra Music Festival performance earlier this year, especially since there were planes flying around the city with Avicii banners that week advertising his big performance. Deadmau5 was Avicii's replacement that night and made fun of him not being there by playing a remix of Levels in his set. He also played Animals by Martin Garrix twice and tweeted a lot of slightly rude stuff about Martin Garrix. Deadmau5 is kind of a troll.

5. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I love old school R&B and pop music. I grew up during the 90s and I can recall almost all the songs within these 2 genres. I think I have almost every critically acclaim R&B and pop album from this decade as well. My favorite artists during this time were Whitney, Mariah, Michael, Celine Dion, Brandy, Aaliyah, Shania (I know she's country but she had a pop sound to her music) Boyz II Men, Mary J. Blige, TLC, En Vogue, SWV, Alantis Morrisette, Toni Braxton, Madonna and I will stop for now before I name every artist from this time.

6. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I like pretty much any genre of music and will give everything a try. My musical taste ranges from classical and old songs to rap and hip hop.
    My favorite artists are Eminem, Ricardo Arjona and Relient K, which are very different from one another musically, but they all have very good and thought out lyrics.

7. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I don't only like listening to music, I also make it from home in my recording studio. As far as what type I listen to is R&B, Pop, Hip-Hop. I like Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Tupac Shakur, TLC, Ludacris, Katy Perry, etc. just to name a few. Music to me is like a sixth sense that can only be communicated through rhythm and lyrical melodic flow. Also, music cam be a great escape temporary from all of the anxieties in real life.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I listen to a wide variety of music except for stupid mainstream pop music. I listen to Metal, Rock, Jazz and Classical music, I also listen to some Pop and Rap songs but only the good ones.

9. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I listen to a lot of Jazz and classical music, I never much liked any other forms of mainstream music, i think they're overused and abused and some of them are just plain silly and stupid sounding.

10. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I do not like rap songs. I mostly listen to classical, jazz and 80's music. Some alternative at times, but only the old ones.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am an old school music person, jazz and R&B are my favorite. I like most music including show tunes and classical music. I listen to deep sleep mediation music when I have trouble sleeping, it helps me to relax and go into a deeper sleep.

12. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I like a few different types of music. I like rap because it gets my hype. I like R&B and country because it puts me in a good mood and relaxes me. I like pop because there are different songs that I can relate to. As you can see, I listen to different types of music for different reasons. It all depends on what mood I am in when deciding what genre to listen to.

13. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At this point in my life I listen only to Gospel music. I'd like to be a more spiritual person so the less I hear of songs that try to get to me to have fun, drink, chase after women and so on, the easier it will be to focus on my goal. I prefer listening to songs by unknown artists and if I can find videos of kids singing classic hymns on youtube I love those much better because all the other artists sing only for money.

14. AugustGreig

AugustGreigMember

Threads:
    I genuinely love all forms of music. I started out on Classical when I was a teenager, and I think that really helped me develop an appreciation for all styles of music. I listen to everything from heavy metal and rap, to folk and country. But really, I just love good music. My favorites are Tool, Tom Waits and The Velvet Underground/Lou Reed (Rest in peace ). I recently have started listening to gospel music as well, and I find a lot of it to be really beautiful and inspiring, even though I'm not really a religious person.

15. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy disco music a lot! I also enjoy R&B, Pop, Dance music and some forms of Electronic music. I can not forget to mention instrumentals, one of the favorite instrumentals is by Jia Peng Fang, which is entitled "Back to Tokyo". Instrumentals is dear to my heart, I love Reggae and any form of fusion with Reggae, such as the hit single from the band MAGIC! which is entitled "Rude". Last but not least, I listen to Gospel music, it doesn't matter in which form, I'll give a listening ear, so whether it be Christian Rock, Christian Reggae or Christian Pop, I'll listen.

16. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like world music, gypsy punk, various genres of metal, rap, reggae, indie music, and so much more. I am also big fan of classical composers and medieval music.
    One of my favourite bands is called "Bombino". Omara "Bombino" Moctar is an internationally acclaimed Tuareg guitarist and singer and songwriter from Niger. His beautiful rhythms and sounds from the desert, take me far away and make me dream of places that I used to know a long time ago.

17. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Music is one of those universal things, isn't it? It just transcends the day to day nonsense. I feel like I listen to a pretty fair variety of things overall- from classical, meditation music, some techno kind of stuff, but 90% of the time my choice would be some kind of rock. Slightly older stuff, preferably.

18. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I like all kinds of music that soothe my soul. I would prefer to listen classical music more than anything else. My family loves classical music a lot and I have also developed the habit of listening to such musics only. Also, it is very difficult for me to listen to pop or rock music as I find them very harshly. This is just my opinion and I am sure there are lots 0f people who love the new generation music.

19. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm very fussy about music. I only listen to classical music and I have a narrow range of composers and performers that I like. I used to like a wider variety of music like metal and other popular genres but I get bored easily. I feel pretty disconnected when I hear popular music today too.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like listening to RnB, rap, pop, and rock music. I don't like classical and reggae music. I also like to listen to old school music like those ballads from the 80's and early 90's.