What Sport (if any) Do You Play?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by kingusama92 • Apr 26, 2012.

1. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I do not belong to any organized sports, but when I have time, I do play the generic sports with friends or my fiancee.

I'm definitely an avid tennis player, which I have been since I was six years old. Recently, I purchased a football and I play on occasion with my dame. This summer, I plan to play some baseball and frisbee. I find it much more fun than the standard exercise regimens of lifting weights, running on a treadmill or stretching out my body. But that's just me.

2. norm17

norm17New Member

Threads:
    my favorite sport that i loved to play is volleyball :)

3. siriusboi

siriusboiMember

Threads:
    Swimming is a good form of exercise for me. I have been swimming since I was a kid and it probably explains my skin complexion. There is something in swimming that just feels right. Something that I like to do. I tend to get worried a lot and I all I do is swim to wash all those worries away.

21m6efo.

4. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    I don't play at club level but i do play high school soccer people should appreciate soccer a little more i mean it is a beautiful game.

5. seanmcs

seanmcsNew Member

Threads:
    When I was growing up through high school, I used to play any sport that was available to me, soccer at the weekends, basketball and rugby for my school, tennis for my town and I used to go to the local cricket club as well. Now I am at University, and I have stopped playing most of these sports (I occasionally play them for recreational purposes) however I do still play soccer for my university. This, combined with regular jogs and cycles is what keeps me healthy. At University I have also tried some new sports that I would never normally get the opportunity to play, such as Lacrosse and American Football.

6. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I play Tennis, Ice Hockey, Basketball, and Cricket. I love Tennis and Basketball and they're my favorite sports to play, because its a great workout and my nieces and nephews enjoy it as well.

7. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I am an avid watcher of sports. I love golf, tennis, football, soccer and polo. I used to be in the tennis team in high school, and afterwards I played as much as I could. Yhen I messed up my back and that ended my playing days. Love sports.

8. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I work out at home however at my old job I was also part of the company volleyball team. That was so much fun. The great part about that was I was focusing so much on scoring I didn't pay attention to how much I was working hard and sweating to burn those extra calories. Any exercise where you can pass the time with fun is worth it to me.

9. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    Healthy is a very subjective way of staying fit. I am a health-conscious guy, whenever I play any sport, e.g. soccer, basketball, squash, badminton or brisk walk, I end up eating a lot. It just keeps me fit and balanced; I was an athlete and a gymnast in my school days and mind you; I was good, in fact; in my school, I used to do all sports ( basketball, soccer, volleyball, hockey,baseball,rugby,tennis,badminton, skate boarding, karate and many indoor sports too) so that we should keep ourselves fit. However, having one sport doing while ageing is a must.

10. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I am going to be fifty five in September. I live in Key West, Florida. I play tennis two or three times a week with someone who is a better tennis player than I am. I play flag football from October thru March twice a month with guys who are 1/3 to 1/2 my age. It is fun, but there are times where my body really gets sore.

11. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    I had to retire from basketball because of the wear and tear on my knees. Right now I enjoy bowling. I got pretty good at it too - one perfect game to my credit (thank you very much!). It's not really a work-out until you do it the way I do it.

Go to a bowling alley by yourself on a night that they offer what's called, "All-you-can-bowl." Most bowling alleys offer something like this on certain nights. This is when bowling alleys allow you to pay one price to bowl as many games as you can in a set amount of time. This is the cheapest way to get a lot of practice. I used to go to 3-hour all-you-can-bowl sessions a few times a week. I once bowled 27 games in a row for $10.00.

- - - Now you understand how I got to be pretty good.

12. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    The sport I have been involved with this summer is beach volleyball. It is so much fun and I found it a great way to meet new people who love to be outside and enjoy the beach as much as I do. I would like to join a kung fu school, but I do not want to go alone so I am looking for a friend to join me.

13. Nethervor

NethervorNew Member

Threads:
    When I was younger I played several sports. Mainly soccer and basketball, but every once in a while I also played voleyball, handball, tennis ...

Now, I am happy if I can find some time to play basketball with my friends. I lost interest in playing soccer completely, however I do enjoy watching it on TV.

14. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I used to play golf all the time from age 18 thru age 40. Since I turned 40, I have played a lot of football. I know, that is sort of backwards. I stopped playing tackle football at age 43 and stuck to touch or flag football. When I played tackle with the younger players, they nicknamed me, "OLD dude".

15. nefsyn

nefsynNew Member

Threads:
    I enjoy playing basketball because its fun and takes a lot of athleticism. I do casually play baseball as well. Football is rough on me because I'm small and very light weight.

16. LeonJugah

LeonJugahNew Member

Threads:
    I practice boxing and absolutely love it. It is one of the most fun and challenging sports I have ever tried and there is just so many benefits I have gained from practising it. I am now more athletic, stronger, braver and tougher than I was before I took up boxing. It is also a very enjoyable sport and serves as an outlet for me to vent all my pent up anger.

17. davidlamber8100

davidlamber8100New Member

Threads:
    I am swimming lover. Swimming is my main sport, I am a distance swimmer (1500m in the pool, anything more open water!).

18. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I used to play tennis on an off throughout my middle school and my high school years.
    It was the only class that I looked forward to. I had teachers that ranged from completely nice to just flat out rude and mean. I loved this game and I would watch the tournament at my house every summer.
    I wish I could play again. But for now it is only a hobby that I dedicate time to every now and then.

19. Denis

DenisNew Member

Threads:
    I've recently started training Thai Chi. I previously never had contact with the combat skills but like this very much. During the week I play basketball with my son.

20. Seymour

SeymourNew Member

Threads:
    I play various sports such as cricket, football, and tennis in different times.
    In regular routine I play football and it is my most favorite sport.
    I have played for various football teams and won different titles.

#40May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013