What Sport (if any) Do You Play?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by kingusama92 • Apr 26, 2012.

1. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I play a lot of tennis and racquetball as well as golf. When I was younger I played baseball, basketball, hockey and football. I also love to play sports video games. A big chunk of my video game collection is sports games. I've noticed that I've had to reduce the amount of physical contact sports that I play as I get older. I play tennis about 2 times a week. I'll golf about a dozen times a year.

2. rand paul

rand paulNew Member

Threads:
    I recently started boxing.
    I would not suggest it for anyone on a budget.
    The glove etc are extremely expensive.

3. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    Organized sports can definitely provide more positive experiences when on a fun team! I found that in America, continuing to play women's volleyball competitively after university was either on the beach (not my scene) or for the National Team (not my size). So instead, I left and came to Europe to play in their great adult club system! Women's sports here are much more progressive, and most of the women play until they are at least 40 years old, just like the men. I've enjoyed my experience here so far (2 1/2 years), and will continue to play here as long as I can!

4. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    I make it a point to at least play volleyball or badminton at least twice a week, although nothing professional. Not only do I get to enjoy a good bonding experience with my loved ones, it also keeps me in good shape. Heart ailments run in our family so it's important to keep my heart healthy by involving myself to different sports.

5. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    It's always nice to find a fellow tennis player in another place of the world. :) You do competition or you just play to relax?

6. Kwizkey

KwizkeyNew Member

Threads:
    Used to play hockey but never really had the passion for it. I also preferred competing against myself and that is why I took to the gym. Will probably get back into field hockey again as I get fitter and I hope I can take it to a good level.

7. chrischu5

chrischu5New Member

Threads:
    I play volleyball and basketball mainly. I used to be on both teams during High School and they're just such fun games to play. I'm alright at most sports but the sports that uses small balls, like golf, table tennis, etc. I'm pretty bad at. Basketball and volleyball really gets my gears going because it's so active and yet, requires a soft, delicate touch to be effective.

8. CoachV

CoachVNew Member

Threads:
    I play and coach basketball overseas. My wife does the same for volleyball. We love the club system over here and wish sports were organized like this in the US. Sports are a great way to stay in shape, make new friends and be a part of a community. I relish every opportunity to get on the court!

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't. The sad truth is, I suck at any kind of sports known to mankind..... I do have an hour and a half Muay Thai class a week. I don't know if fights count as sports, but if it does that is what I do!

10. eg0mez

eg0mezMember

Threads:
    I like to play football (the real one).
    Football is super fun and can help one lose fat really quickly.
    I have always been fat, but not now. Now i enjoy going out with people, but my advice is to do any sport as it can make one more sociable. Also it increases one's health tremendously, and improves a certain skill.

11. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I play a lot of basketball. I try to go to the gym to bulk up. I also go to the gym to help me get my vertical jump up as well. All of which will help me succeed on the basketball court. Making it a lot easier to score that basketball lol.