What store is the best for women's plus sizes?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ssamcd • Jun 12, 2012.

1. ssamcd

ssamcdMember

Threads:
    I am between a 16-18 in size. I always have a problem finding clothes to make me look slim in this size. I was just wondering are they any plus size ladies out their and were do you buy your clothes?:)

2. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    Check out hipsandcurves. They seem to have a decent collection of plus size costumes including innerwear. You can also shop for plus size clothes at most online stores such as Amazon, Macy's etc.

3. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Trust me when I say I understand your frustration. I have a few places that have "normal" clothes. Remember to search online for online coupon codes and coupons, and you get get some good deals.

Lane Bryant
    Roamans
    La Roudette
    Chadwicks
    Woman Within
    The Avenue
    Dress Barn
    Fashion Bug
    Caito Fashions

4. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I am currently shopping larger sizes since I am 7 1/2 months pregnant. I know that it is not the same shape or situation as being pleasantly plump year around but perhaps it may help to know that Marshalls and Ross usually have a huge selection of many different style of clothing for plus size women. Usually these racks are full of clothes and no one ever stops at them which means many things end up on clearance selling for about 20% of the original price. You can try those stores and see if something gives.

5. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I love, love, love The Avenue! Their clothes are better quality (to me) than other plus-sized stores I've shopped at and they don't shrink or shorten when you wash them. They have some really cute stuff too. Good luck!

6. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sure where you are located, but my wife always shops at Kohls. They tend to have some nice clothes for a rather inexpensive price.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with the list Farrah posted and would add Ashley Stewart. My daughter likes the styles from Ashley Stewart. There sizes are too large cor me. I do see some things I like but can't get in my smaller size.

8. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    I get most of my plus sized clothes at Lane Bryant. I love their styles and collections. They always have good colors to and the clothes are quality made.

9. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I would tell you to check out Macy's. Not only do they have a lot of clothes in your size, but they also have really great sales that you can capitalize on. They are always sending out coupons and if you get the right one, you don't even have to have the coupons on your own, the cashier will pull out theirs and use them for you.