What store would you like to see in your area?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by brutal37138 • Dec 13, 2013.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    would have liked to have some special stores that I don't have where I live but I would love, like Lush and Topshop! I love those stores for bath products and clothing respectively and they are nowhere near where I live. I was told we will have a Lush in 2014, so fingers crossed!!!

2. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    I would like a Chipoltee in my area. It is my favorite restaurant, and I have to drive a little over 20 min to get to one. I would also like to see a Walmart with a gas station. None of our walmarts have them, which is a bummer when you have a gift card you want to use for gas, but you can't since our Walmarts don't have gas stations.

3. mistysauro

mistysauroNew Member

Threads:
    I would love to see a dollar general or family dollar store, or even a huge 99cent store,in my area ,I love discount stores

4. poopships

poopshipsNew Member

Threads:
    Living in a college town, I think it's crazy that we don't yet have a Trader Joes. I know that Trader Joes focuses more on major markets, but I believe that a lot of mid-level liberal towns could absolutely support one! My wife and I do almost all our grocery shopping there, and we have to drive 30+ minutes to get to one!

5. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Not exactly my town but I'd really like Amazon to come to Australia, I think we have a big enough economy to justify it. Its a pain having to use the US Amazon when half the time items don't deliver to Australia or you pay more in shipping than for the actual item.

6. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I was going to say Meijer's as well. However, they just got land in my hometown so they said they will be open in about a year. I would like to see a Costco. I really would like to have a Dunkin Donuts.

7. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a specific store I would like to see except for maybe a mobile phone store in which you can try out different brands of phones like the Apple store does. Well, I know you can go to your mobile service provider, but I want to see mobile phone store with variety of unlocked phones. Another store would like a store that offers tea leaves since I'm a heavy tea drinker who would buy tea leaves quite often.

8. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to see an Anderson's Nursery. It is a local chain but any nursery would be great, it is just Anderson's is really nice and has a great selection. As it is, the only place to get flowers, plants or trees is Walmart or Home Depot. These stores do not have an adequate selection in my opinion.

9. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to see a target in the UK! and somewhere close to me. I would also like to see clothes shop closer to me as there aren't any right now.

10. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I would love for my town to have it own walmart and wal green , we have to drive almost 45 mins just to get to these stores and they are packed day and night when you arrive. If they were closer I could get in early and come on out, who want to turn around and go back after they have drove 45 mins.

11. blackbagel

blackbagelMember

Threads:
    Well I live right next to a mall so there is almost everything I need but I would love to get one of the radioshacks they have down in the states. They don't have those up here in Canada. There I can get the parts I want to fix my headphones and maybe try those expensive ones out. I have Target in the mall which was opened not too long ago and the mall has everything else I would want. Maybe it's too much but eh, I am too lazy to go down to the states every time I need some parts. I can't even order them.

12. jazzalazz

jazzalazzMember

Threads:
    My town has multiple walmarts, targets, two malls, and multiple strip malls. We recently got a Publix. I believe we have about every store out there. I have never been to another town that has a store that I would like to see introduced to my town.

13. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I live in a small town so I would take just about anything. I would love to see a Harris Teeter, there was one here years ago when I was around 6 or 7 years old and I'm not sure why they closed it. I would also love a Target, we have a Walmart and I love it but I want a Target too. Another one would be some sort of buffet restaurant like Old Country Buffet because we had a few and they all closed over the years.

14. suncoast15

suncoast15New Member

Threads:
    Stores I would like to see:
    -Trader Joes...anyone whose been here knows their prices are extremely reasonable and the quality of their food is great. In addition, the atmosphere and friendliness keeps me coming back more and more.
    -MicroCenter...it seems like MC is always having amazing deals that aren't offered in other stores, mainly with respect to electronics.
    -Fry's Electronics...same as MicroCenter. I think there are relatively more of these in the US, but I would like to see them in my area.
    -In N Out...This is pretty much an exclusively west coast thing, and whether Five Guys is better than INO is debatable :cool: but it is so delicious!

15. sidd230

sidd230Member

Threads:
    I would really like to see a MicroCenter open up here. they are the best computer parts retailer out there. hey have killer deals and very friendly staff.

16. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in a large city, so whatever store you can think of, it's here. I want less of that actually. I want less Walmarts, less Targets and the like and more locally owned shops. That's all I want.. I want local people to run the show and I know these big box stores bring jobs with them, but I'm so tired of the way things are headed and these big corporations are only hurting us in the long run. Scary thought.. but people want savings right now, so savings they will get.. and things will just keep getting better for the rich and worse for the poor.

17. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    We have a fair amount of stores around here, but I would like to see a Costco (We only have Sam's), Kroger and Trader Joe's. Maybe a Whole Foods so I could see what the hype is all about without having to drive 2 hours to go there.

18. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    As far as chain stores go, we pretty much have them all in our area and I really appreciate that for convenience sake. However, one thing that is sadly lacking is stores with handmade items by local artisians. That is what I would really like to see in my area.

19. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to live right next to a MicroCenter - their stores are pretty cool. They have a ton of niche items that you wouldn't find at places like Best Buy - especially if you like to build your own computers. Their salespeople are generally pretty good when you are shopping for a new computer or computer parts. I love that they carry a lot of brand names I had never heard of before, and often at really good prices too. Sometimes when you just need some small specific gadget or gizmo for your computer, nine times out of ten they have it.

The only oddball thing when shopping in their store is that when you want to buy a computer you *have* to get it through a sales person. You cannot just walk in and get one off the shelf and pay for it at the counter. It's kind of frustrating when they are busy. One time, I actually walked back to my place, and ordered the same computer online and picked it up at the store because it was taking too long to get a hold of a salesperson.

20. qaximor

qaximorNew Member

Threads:
    Well I live in Germany and I would kill for a Walmart or Costco type of super market. We have big supermarkets with low prices but not as big and low priced as Walmart and Costco which they have everything in store!