What store would you never shop at ?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by xcmiller93x • May 6, 2012.

1. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I agree! I wouldn't shop at a place where the items are over priced. When I go shopping I like to purchase a lot of stuff and you can't do that if everything is expensive and one is shopping on a budget. I love to go to places like Burlington Coat Factory, Bealls outlet, kmart, forever 21, DD's discount, and City Trends. DD's is actually my favorite because they have the cutest clothes and the prices are as low as $5.99--I love it. I am going there this Friday to shop for two Valentine's Day outfits. My boyfriend and I are planning a trip and we're going shopping--so excited.

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would not shop at most of the mainstream stores because they don't offer the brands I like and the quality is poor. There are not many stores I will shop at locally, only two stores offer the brands I like to buy. I have to travel further for more stores.

3. jdp1986

jdp1986New Member

Threads:
    I would never shop any where with outrageously priced clothing that I can get somewhere else at a lower price, I really like a good deal. I do buy second hand clothes, however I do not buy them from a thrift store I shop at consignment shops and they have strict rules about the condition of the clothing they accept. I have acquired some very nice and very expensive clothing from consignment shops, some with the tags still on them and I get great pleasure from the knowledge that I did not pay full price for them.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For those saying they wouldn't shop anywhere for used clothes; all of your clothes are used. The number of hands that have touched them from production to closet is massive. Not to mention the zoodles of people who tried them on before you. Sooooo think again lol.

I will never shop at Walmart, Target or any other "big box" for clothes or anything else. Their practices, ethics etc are something I will never support and I "vote with my dollar" as much as I possibly can. We can't make a change if we keep feeding the shady fat cats.

5. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    Generally, I will give any reasonably-priced store a shot, thrift shop or retail. If they have something I like in my price range (which is usually quite small), great! However, I tend to steer clear from major department stores like Macy's. I can't see paying $30 for a plain t-shirt, and that's what I feel like a lot of their clothes are - plain yet expensive. I've gone to Macy's for a couple of nice suits, but that's it.

6. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be adverse to Hot Topic too but it's not that bad. They have a lot of normal looking clothes and it isn't all the stereotypical goth stuff. I think it's pretty fun to go inside. Hm, but I still think you wouldn't like it.

Haha, I wouldn't go there either or some place like Abercrombie. It looks so exclusive I can't stand it.

7. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I never shop for used clothes. You can never be sure who wore them and any diseases they had. I'd rather spend more buying new clothes other than buying used ones.

8. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I agree, I would never shop at a thrift store either. I know most of the clothing at thrift stores are cheap, but that is just the thing. Most clothes to me, look to cheap.

9. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I don't shop at places like American Apparel, which give bad standards of body image to young people (and besides, their merchandise is pricy for what it is). I don't shop for clothes in places like Wal Mart, where the quality is bad and the stock comes from cheap China places. I don't shop for clothes in very expensive stores -- if I enter a store and the first items I look at are $150+, or even if lower (like, if all the simple t-shirts are 80+ bucks), I go out right away.

I like thrift stores, though, always possible to have nice finds (especially for Halloween costumes).

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I'm not really a clothes person there aren't that many stores where I WOULD buy clothes. I tend to gravitate more towards middle ground. I don't like shopping for clothes at the thrift store but I don't like high end stores like Macy's much either. That being said if I had to pick my least favorite it would be the Gap.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There was a large flagship store that opened in our local mall, called Steve & Barry's which didn't last very long at all. I don't think it even lasted a year. Their distinction was that they sold brand new clothing at dirt cheap daily prices. Think Old Navy, but even cheaper - much cheaper actually. You could get jeans for like $10 vs. paying like $45 for a pair of Levi's. All their T-Shirts were like $5 each everyday. I think their coats were maybe like $15-$20.

The problem was the stuff was super thin and flimsy. The T-Shirts, even though they may say something like "XL" on the label, didn't fit like an Xtra Large at all, and once you washed them, forget it, they shrunk down to the size of baby clothes. Same goes for their denim merchandise. If their clothing was better quality I would have shopped there more often, because it visually looked OK for casual daily wear, but I'm not saving any money if I can only wear something from there once then have to throw it out.

12. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I will NEVER shop at American Apparel or Urban Outfitters. Especially American Apparel because they have a huge reputation of being sexist and racist jerks and putting underage girls in a very sexualized light. Ugh disgusts me.

And also Urban Outfitters has a reputation of taking people's original jewelry or art ideas and claiming it as their own. Ugh.

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will never ever shop at Walmart. What they've done to smaller businesses and how they treat both human beings and animals is beyond revolting to me. I would rather go naked, starve and die than support them in any way, shape or form.

14. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I probably won't shop at Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga, Dior and Victoria Beckham boutiques to name a few. The price tags will surely scald me. Those stores' offerings were not made for ordinary office drones. They were deliberately created for financial powerhouses - celebrities, tycoons and their heirs, what have you. As it is, the middle class can only look on nonchalantly.