What Stores Have More Discounts?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by jonthai • Jun 11, 2016.

1. jonthai

jonthaiMember

Threads:
    Knowing all the convenience stores out there, which ones do you think has the most discounts, and it's the most reliable ones?

2. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I cannot say that there are any particular stores out there that have better deals than others, but when it comes to comparing them I like to just look at the ads for each of them, see what they have on sale and then I will determine where I shop based on that. There might be more savings for certain products more than at other stores, but it is rather minimal in my experience. Maybe that is just how it is here though, and it certainly could vary from place to place.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well in general, I don't think convenience stores are the place to get much of anything. The only time you might get discounts is if they get overstocked with something. This might especially be an issue at holiday time. I have seen sale items at all convenience stores at one time or another, but since they aren't known for being discounters, it would be hard to say which one has the best discounts in that regard.

4. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think convenience stores give out discounts.......at least none that I know of. If anything, they tend to be costlier than other stores.

5. MissLibby

MissLibbyMember

Threads:
    Some convenience stores, such as Rhodes 101 that's in the area where I live, offer loyalty programs and loyalty cards. When you purchase anything from the store, you swipe your card at the register or at the gas pump. When you get a certain number of points, you can get $1.00 off your fuel purchase. You can also get a free fountain drink after you purchase a certain number of fountain drinks. Although it may not be a big savings, everything helps and for people who buy their gas at the station all the time, it probably doesn't take long to earn a reward. There isn't a Rhodes in my town, but every once in awhile I go to the one that's in another town nearby.

6. joanna

joannaNew Member

Threads:
    Which kind of products do you want to buy? If you are interested in Video Game Accessories, maybe i can give you some suggestion.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Convenience stores are probably the last places you'd want to buy anything from unless you have no options. As filmjunkie points out it's highly unlikely that you'll be getting any discounts in a convenience store. Their prices always will be higher than every other store. If you seek deals find them elsewhere because you'll be spending more money in a convenience store.

8. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    I forgot about Loyalty cards. Stores like Fasmart, usually associated with a Valero station does give discounts on gas and drinks with their cards. They run certain promotions sometimes in the summer that give you free store brand lottery tickets that give you discounts on products. They used to have cheap pizza, and their chicken meals are inexpensive. 7/11 has a good deal on a whole pizza as well. So, I guess it is not impossible to get a good deal at a convenience store, but most of their products are quite high priced.

9. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    If you are in an area lucky enough to be blessed with a Sheetz convenience store, you're in luck. Sheetz is based in Altoona, PA. Most of their stores are in PA and OH, but there are a few in some of the surrounding states as well. They have a rewards card that definitely gives some great discounts and freebies. They usually give out one completely free thing a month. Plus, you earn rewards for gasoline and especially for purchasing food. Just this month, I earned a free 12' sub sandwich. They also send a free cake coupon on the card for every member's birthday, the last I checked. Speedways do this sort of thing too, but I find it much harder to earn rewards with them than I do Sheetz, but have used and earned free things through both programs.

10. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    Yes, they just built a Sheetz here near my town. I know the chain, as I am from Pennsylvania originally. They do have some good things. I really like there 2 dollar subs, which are probably better quality than Subway. I have a Sheetz card, but other than saving 3 cents per gallon on gas, I haven't been able to take advantage of any of their other freebies. However, This store opened here in February I Think, or maybe early March, anyway...they had free coffee for like two months..That was sweet!