What things should you put in an office in order to beautify it?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Aug 30, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We are currently renovating our office so it's in disarray. Most of the old items and furniture were removed. Now we're thinking of items to purchase that could enhance the look of our office. What items do you think should we put in our office to make it more presentable?

2. jericjames10

jericjames10Member

Threads:
    Wow, creativity will work on this. But, first try to read this, it may help.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Plants are the top of my list. I think plants can give an office a soothing and comfortable feel but can still maintain a professional office look. It can easily be overdone so try not to add too many of them. From there, I would go with artwork and sculptures. Again, too much can be overwhelming. Also, try to work within a color scheme so everything added pulls together for a unified look. Good luck!

4. Tribie

TribieMember

Threads:
    It really depends what you want and need. Choose a color scheme of around 3 colors and make sure the items in your office are in those colors. Make sure the colors you choose jive together. One color can be neutral. For example if you choose black, all your office stuff and chairs could be black while the walls and curtains could be the 2 other colors. Your curtains could match other fixtures like a vase or plant box.

5. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Because it's an office you want to keep things uncluttered. It's not like decorating your home so keep things pleasant, but not too casual or even too comfortable. Low maintenance green plants are a good idea as well as a few nice pieces of art. Choose a neutral wall color and paint trim and accents with a stimulating color. There's nothing worse than a boring and uninspired work environment.

6. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    I am thinking of some minimalistic furnitures that would do the same function as the one you have before. Simple yet functional and most important thing of all, it will make your office look more spacious.

And adjust it to the best possible position where the lighting is not such a pain in the eye, or you could just moved the light bulbs.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of these Verilux lights. Might be a nice addition to your office, especially if there isn't much natural light coming into it.

Or perhaps you could get some of the bulbs and build a fake skylight with some plywood and opaque plexiglass.

8. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your suggestions guys. We just went for a couple of potted plants, a digital photo frame, a sofa, and some fake paintings. Lol. Our lights are just simple florescent lights though. We are planning to get a cheap flat screen TV too. Any other suggestions from you guys would be great. :D

9. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    About the only other thing I can think of at the moment (and it is really early in the morning) is something related to your business. Some offices will have examples of what the company produces. One manufacturing company that I know of has several pieces of parts that they produce made into a custom sculpture that sits off on a corner table. A lot of service based business offices will have framed certificates or newspaper articles hanging on the walls.

10. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I love plants and fish tanks....art is a must; pick a style you're going for. If it's a little oldworld or eclectic, you could throw in globes/maps/travel themed things...or perhaps you're thinking more modern and streamlined, with abstract art and bright colours. So many possibilities.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Try also adding some figurines to the desks, it will make the room more appealing to look at.