What Time Do You Do The Laundry?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Theo • Oct 16, 2015.

1. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    I have always been in the habit of washing my clothes early in the morning. Washing clothes at night has never appealed to me. If I wash them in the morning, then they have the whole day to dry, so that by nighttime I can bring them in. Basically there is nothing wrong with washing at night, but it is just something that I am not accustomed to doing. I also think night time is more a time for relaxing than for doing chores and that may be one of the reasons why I never plan my washing at night.

2. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I usually do laundry early in the morning since I wake up extremely early anyways. I like to handle the majority of my chores in the morning. When I say early, I like to start on laundry at 5:30 a.m. or 6:00 a.m.. I like having my evenings as a time to relax....I don't want to be folding and putting away clothes at night.

3. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    We have an open-air laundry area so I have to wait until the sun's rays are not resting there so I can wash our clothes. Sometimes I just turn on the light and do the laundry at night when it's cooler and the water flow is stronger. Our weather is so hot right now that you can easily dry clothes without the need to put them into the dryer. This saves us electricity.

4. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    I try to get mine done as early in the morning as possible. Now that the weather has warmed up, I hang them out to dry as much as possible. However, with all the rain we have had lately that has not been easy.

5. HealthAndVitality

HealthAndVitalityMember

Threads:
    Laundry is best done at night at least here in the UK because the energy prices are slightly lower at night than in the day time.

6. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Now that I have my own washer and dryer, I do clothes anytime it needs to be done. Prior to this however, I lived in Brooklyn, NY and had to use the local laundromat. I tried to do laundry as soon as I woke up on my days off because if I waited, it would become incredibly crowded. Doing laundry in the afternoon was a nightmare. You could potentially take your clothes out of the washer and have no dryer to put them in because people took them all out or a ton of machines were out of service. I am so glad those days are over!

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I do my laundry when I am not engaged at work and during weekends. This is irrespective of the prevailing weather conditions since I usually hang dry them in the balcony. Most people have invested in dry cleaners but I am a hands on person and like to see the result of work well done as well as saving on costs. Use of vinegar greatly eases my washing since it removes dirt quite easily.

8. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I try to do our laundry during early mornings. I usually do the laundry twice or thrice a week. By doing the laundry early in the morning, I can hang the clothes to dry out in the sun. Our dryer doesn't really dry it completely, it's still always about halfway dry. So it's essential to hang it out in the sun to dry completely or else it would smell bad.

Since I'm doing the laundry for three, I have to separate the loads between the adult clothes and the baby clothes. I usually finish the baby clothes first since that's more important. And in the late morning or early afternoon, that's when I'll load the machine with our clothes. That's still enough time for them to dry in the sun.

Right now it's rainy season here so I'm quite sure there won't be the sun's help anymore in drying clothes. Fabric softeners, here we come!

9. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I normally work on my laundry on weekend mornings so in the afternoon, i can clean up my place, do other household chores so once i'm all done i can happily relax without the voices in my head accusing me that there are things to be done, bills to pay whatnot. Lol.

10. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I do my washing first thing in the morning when I get up. By the time I've had breakfast, got dressed, and tidied the rest of the house, the washing is finishing and ready to hang out. This means that there are only ever a maximum of two hours in the day when I need to do chores, and I don't have to even think about it in the afternoon. So that is great news!

11. lisasian86

lisasian86Member

Threads:
    My electricity costs more during the day and the rate drops after 11pm so I should do my laundry at night, but my partner and I have to be up at 6am to go to work so I'm not able to do it at night and it costs me a fortune.

12. acheno84

acheno84Member

Threads:
    Sunday morning is usually my laundry day. I try to get all of my annoying chores done and over with on my first day off rather than trying to stretch it over 2 days. I hate doing laundry with a burning passion, but once I got on a routine, it just became part of the normal cycle for me.

13. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I do my laundry at around noon. I don't like doing it first thing in the morning because I'm not much of a morning person. I need to relax, have breakfast, drink some coffee, and then worry about laundry. Plus since I live in an apartment complex, the little laundry room is often busy in the mornings. Thus I just do it around midday so that I have the rest of the afternoon free for other, more fun activities!

14. MissLibby

MissLibbyMember

Threads:
    I don't really have a set time, I just do it whenever the mood strikes me or when I am running out of something, such as dish towels or underwear. In the warmer months and when it's dry outside I often start first thing in the morning so I can hang it out on the clothesline. If I'm washing bed sheets or blankets, I'll start early so that I have plenty of time to get everything washed and dried outside during the day. I absolutely love to go to bed with clean sheets and blankets that have been hanging outside on the line because they smell so fresh and clean.

15. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I do a couple of loads at a time. And I wait until I have enough clothes to do a super load. So I may not even wash every week, it just depends. Also, when I have something stained, I set it aside in the laundry room so that it does not get mixed up with the other dirty clothes. That way I can treat it right before washing. And I may have 3 or 4 stained items set aside at a time. I used to hang the clothes, but now I have a dryer, so that makes things easier. I use those dryer balls and everything seems to dry more quickly, saving electricity.

16. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Early morning is a good time for me. The clothes are dried before the full force of the midday sun catches them. I prefer this way because I try to keep the clothes out of the intense sunlight which may be damaging the color scheme of the fabric.

17. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I do my laundry, kind of in the evenings-and I think this is more cost effective as far as the power company goes because this time period is considered a off-peak time when rates are lower. Other ways to save money with your wash,is to use only cold water and hang your clothes out to dry in the sun -if its possible.

18. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Since I don't have a washer nor a dryer I like to do my laundry every morning. This is to be able to have the clothes dry by the afternoon since I let it dry out outside. I like to do laundry every day so I won't have a mountain of clothing to wash ever as that can be stressful to be washing so much by hand. It is difficult when it rains as the clothing doesn't dry up in one day and that's when I get piles of clothes acummulated.

19. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Most times I do my laundry weekend when I am free. I get the clothes washed and dried day time, the hard clothes I take to the drying rope to spread them to properly dry. Few times I tried washing my clothes at night they didn't dry properly the next day and was kind of stuffy.

20. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    If everything were up to me I would be able to time it perfectly for when I wake up and start my morning. It would be so nice, but the truth is that I often forget and end up leaving it for later, sometimes much later.