What Time Do You Do The Laundry?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Theo • Oct 16, 2015.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Here at home, the laundry day is always on weekends (on alternate Saturdays and Sundays). This is the best way to save on the energy bill and most importantly, save water. ;)

2. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have a routine to do the laundry. I usually do it whenever I am available. I actually prefer to do it in the morning, so I can hang out the laundry in the morning, collect them in the late afternoon, and fold them before evening. But, sometimes it's my husband who hang the laundry and he prefers to do it in the evening and let the laundry stay outside overnight.

3. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I like doing the laundry in the night. I soak it for about an hour then load in the washer. I wash the whites and sheets the last batch as this tends to get washed the longest.

4. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    We have a laundry that takes care of our bed linen as while washing it is fine ironing is quite a tough thing. Rest of the clothes are put in the washing machine once a fortnight while kitchen and our face towels are washed everyday. Once our clothes are washed we send them to the laundry for ironing

5. nanachan7

nanachan7New Member

Threads:
    I do my laundry every Saturday morning. I finish at around 9 or 10 AM. I live in a tropical country so during this time the sun is already scorching hot, that most of my clothes are already dry after 30 minutes. And of course they smell so fresh!

I experienced doing my laundry in another country but it was quite different. They have dryer rooms (I'm not sure if that's what they're called) with heaters to dry their clothes. Your clothes won't smell bad but I'm just used to sun dried clothes. In my country, a washing machine usually just has the washer and the dryer (tumble dry). You still have to hang your clothes out in the sun for it to actually dry.

6. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I always do my laundry the night before my off so I could sleep all day. We only have 1 day off so I am maximizing every rest that I could have. Plus, we don't have a place to hang our clothes to dry so, I just let it air dry with the use of my ceiling fan. Also, the main reason I do my laundry the night before day off, people would mostly go out and hang around. So I do have the flat on my own.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was in grade school, our teacher said that the best time to do the laundry is during the later morning that is when the weather is warm or hot. Most people do their laundry early in the morning to take advantage of the sun in drying the clothes. But I agree with our teacher to do the laundry at around 8 am to 10 am and you still have the noon sun to dry your laundered clothes.

8. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Having to work throughout the weekdays, I am only afforded the time and chance to do my laundry only on weekends specifically on Sundays. I normally go to early morning mass on Sunday by 5:30 am, after that I can choose any time of my liking to enter the laundry work but it would still be morning time before noon in order to allow the sun to dry those cloths faster, as it's not nice taking a wet cloth inside the house.

Doing my laundry on Sunday is more convenient for since I have no other engagements that day apart from going to church and immediately after that I am free to do as like with nothing to worry or give me stress.

9. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    We are usually doing our laundry every Sunday, whole day our washing machine works at a full speed. Sometimes when there are too many dirty clothes we are washing in the middle of the week but this doesn't happen very often.

10. Nkudensi

NkudensiNew Member

Threads:
    I usually do my laundry every two days. I hand-wash as I dont have washing machine. I prefer doing my laundry during the early morning hours because it gives me the opportunity of finishing the task before my kids wakes up. Depending on the quantity, I can start say 4am and finish around 6 am and have my bath at once before facing other chores.