What time of day is the best to go shopping? When is it least crowded?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by alid1 • Jul 14, 2012.

1. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping in the afternoon. However, the routine makes me do the shopping day in the morning, as it is more comfortable and allows you to better organize the rest of the day. If I had to make a choice, I definitely would stay with the period of time ranging from 7 PM to 9 PM. I do not know if a regular time to shop, but certainly is an interesting alternative for "best buy".

True, we must always be guided by criteria of practicality and usefulness, but occasionally it is good to give us permission in routine small to experience different things. Another factor that determines the ideal time to shop, is that we are seeking. The product you need is one that often determines the time that we go to the supermarket.

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Night time is the best time if you don't want to deal with crowds of people. I find what I'm looking for a lot easier and there is a smaller line at the register. There worst time to go to the store is about 12 noon. Especially Walmart it's so crowded I can barely walk. I always do all of my shopping after dark, and I can take my time and find what I'm looking for.

3. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I go shopping first thing in the morning on a Sunday. The store is empty and the overnight workers are finishing up stocking. I love shopping without the hassle of kids running around and the craziness of afternoon mall crowds. It makes for a better shopping experience.

4. edensatombomb

edensatombombNew Member

Threads:
    3 Am walmart a good place to start

Walmart at 3 am is unbeatable. Not many people are in the store, there's no line at the register and if you need assistance you get it a little faster with more attention.
    Most places have a 24 hour walmart but if your area doesn't i suggest going early, try being there as soon as your store opens. The earlier you go the less likely you are to be encumbered by crowds of other shoppers

5. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I've found early afternoon or late morning-early afternoon is best to avoid crowds when shopping. Mostly stragglers in there at that time or people who are off work for the day, played hookey from work or school, or are on vacation. After 4 or 5 pm is the absolute worst! It's like the 5th circle of hell in there I sware!

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My local Walmart opens at 6AM and it's delightful to go at that time. The McDonald's near the entry is open at 6AM too so you can grab breakfast, and the store is still clean and organized because it's early in the morning. There are no big crowds and sometimes you can walk right up to the register and there's no one in line. You can browse the sales items leisurely without bumping into anyone and the only sound you hear is the store stereo system. My daughter and I call going to Walmart at 6AM "Doing the dawn thing." It is awesome.

7. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    I can't speak for most places. But here in the city, the best time would be around 11am in the morning. People are too busy at work to come shopping right away. It's not TOO early so you can take your time. And you'll more than likely be done before 12 am lunch hour

8. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    The best time to go shopping around my city would probably be early in the morning the moment the mall opens. As for the evenings, I'd have to say at least 4 hours after noon. But this is highly situational depending on sales and whatnot.

9. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I've always found Monday or Tuesday mornings the best time to shop. I feel so lucky when I go at a time that isn't crowded. It's like I reserved the whole store for myself.

10. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    Because of traffic and lines I go early in the morning, before 7am. I usually have a boat load of coupons, and I don't want to annoy the other customers. It also seems to take less time with less people in the store.

The Walmart where I live is usually packed no matter what time of day or night. The best time is before 5 am. Still a lot of people, but not as much.

11. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    In my area Walmart opens very early. Some open as early as six in the morning. I like to go to Walmart early in the morning (no later than 10am) or sometimes after 7pm. I would never go at around 5 o clock because all of the people who are getting off from work will most likely be there buying dinner. With local/neighborhood grocery stores, I don't really have a set time. I'll run to the local grocery store at any time of the day because they are not usually crowded. On the other hand, Walmart can get pretty busy if you go mid-day. I don't care for waiting in those long lines. I like to get in the grocery store and get right out.

12. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    For malls, usually first thing in the morning is the best. It isn't the most ideal for me because I'm not a morning person. However, on a week day going anytime during the day is usually a safe bet. Most people are at work during the day, so stores aren't too bad.

13. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    You people shopping at 6am. If it's not work, a family emergency, or a house fire. You'll never get me out of bed at 6am. Not ever.

14. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Probably during the morning on a weekday here. But there's no way on Earth I'll wake up that early to do the shopping. I rather wait in line longer :p

15. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    The best time was definitely when I worked late nights. It was so much easier to get things done at 3 a.m. or so. There was always someone around; because they weren't dragged off having to do something else. They were bored and standing around so they were more willing to do something.

16. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    Like a lot of people have said, the best time to go shopping is at night time. Stores like Wal-Mart are open 24/7 so I keep it to the bottom of my list because I can go there whenever I want. I usually go to each store around 45 minutes before closing so I am usually going around 8:15pm, assuming the store closes at 9:00pm.

17. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I find around 5.00pm on Saturday evening is a good time to shop. Okay, you may not get much selection in fresh foods, but generally, by that time, people have finished their shopping and the stores are almost empty. I can do two supermarkets in less than an hour on a late Saturday afternoon. It takes at least an hour and a half to do a similar shop during the week, at any time of day. Also, you can pick up a few reduced bargains then.

18. kayhill

kayhillNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping during the early weekday mornings. Most people are either working or on their way to school. I find that the produce is fresher, has not been picked over, and the staff seems a little more pleasant than if you go later in the day. The store is less crowded and I can shop without being bothered. I have gone later in the day and the lines were so long!

19. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    Normally when I go to Walmart I will go during the week between 10 and noon. However, I also find it is nice to go to the store between 2-4 in the afternoon. This is barring any holidays or other issues which you can encounter.

20. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I think the best time to shop at Walmart is first thing in the morning when they open. I usually go 7am on Saturday or Sundays. I beat the crowds and avoid the mothers with their clan of kids and strollers too. It's quiet and I can focus and get in and out quickly. It's the only way to shop at places like that.