What time of day is the best to go shopping? When is it least crowded?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by alid1 • Jul 14, 2012.

1. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    Always the morning if you can wake up early.

2. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I usually go early and in weekdays. Most supermarkets near us open at 9 am. We're usually the first ones at the store when we go. By the time it hits noon, it will be too crowded and my baby gets cranky if there's just too much people.

3. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    The best time to shop is late night or early in the morning. I sometimes shop at night because less people are in the store. But sometimes it seems like me and other people are thinking the same thing, because on some days there are quite a few people who are shopping just like me.

4. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    I agree with you nash22. I prefer to go shopping between the hours of 12am-4am. It's less crowded and you can get in and out without a hassle, and that's a godsend considering I'm forced to do much of my shopping at Walmart. During the day its so hustle and bustle in Walmart I can't stand to be in there. I don't mind shopping at a Publix or other smaller stores as they usually aren't near as crowded.

5. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    If it's WalMart, I avoid the place like the plague until about 8pm. I continue to avoid the place until after 11pm if it's anytime around the Christmas season. But I am one of those lucky ducks who has 24 hour WalMart access. The biggest annoyance at night is that everyone is busy stocking shelves.

I avoid my grocery store from 3pm until closing. It's just nuts woth the lines during those hours even woth all the cahiers working.

6. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    Late at night. Walmart is never crowded after 11 at night, though they have people there at every time. I love night shopping. It's simultaneously peaceful and exciting.

7. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I would think late at night, or possibly early in the morning, be there just as the store opens. Get in and get out.

8. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    I love shopping in the early mornings especially during the school year! For me, shopping in the early mornings are best because the kids are at school and the parents are either getting the kids off to school or getting to work. It's so much more peaceful to shop when the little ones aren't running around or screaming at their parents :) Some people don't like the early mornings because that's when a lot of the elderly are out shopping. I don't mind though, I enjoy their company and it's always nice to be around and lend a hand when they can't reach an item on the shelf or read the labels too clearly. It's a different crowd of people and I think a much more relaxing environment.

9. Shamarv8

Shamarv8Member

Threads:
    There are many deciding factors when thinking about what the best time to shop at a store is including, the actual store, where you live, how much business the store regularly sees, etc. etc. Though, to be general, stores tend to be less crowded during the early morning around times ranging between 6 AM and 12 PM, depending on when the store opens, and once again, depending on when the store closes, between the hours of 8 PM to whenever the store closes. Being that I currently work at Meijers for example, the best time to shop there, taking into consideration the fact that is is open 24 hours a day, would be early morning hours which range between 12 AM and 10 AM.

10. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    shopping malls daytime, but walmart.....anytime is a bad time near my house. walmart is a zoo always.

11. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I shop mostly at night after work. I work second shift. I live in Key West, Florida. During the day, I have to contend with lots of traffic and crowds on this small island. I also have to contend with the hot sun in the summer. It is so much more pleasant doing the grocery shopping at midnight. Since Key West is not a place with violent crime, I do not have to worry about being mugged in the parking lot.

12. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    In my area, it's good to go either really early on a weekday or really late any night of the week. Every other time is so crowded, you wait in line FOREVER! Literally! lol During the week it's not crowed when you go anytime it opens until about 10 am., sometimes until 11, but that's pushing it. By going really late, I mean like midnight or later for the 24 hour stores. Before that it's still really busy from what I've seen. You do have some other times where you luck out.

13. TNSabrina

TNSabrinaMember

Threads:
    I like to do my shopping at about 9-10 am on a weekday, never on a weekend. It is far less crowded at Wal-Mart and Food City. I can easily get in and out. I never do grocery shopping on the weekends. The Wal-Mart in my area is so packed out on the weekends that you can barely walk through the aisles. You also have the person who likes to talk and block the aisles, which really irritates me when I am hurry.

14. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    I get any kind of shopping done bright and early in the morning on a weekday. I find there is a lot of parking and there are no crowds first thing in the morning. I find I save so much time and hassle this way.

15. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    The best time to shop at our local grocery stores is early in the morning. After I drop my husband off at work, my daughter and I go grocery shopping. This is usually around 7:30 a.m. I prefer going to the store at this time because it provides a more relaxed atmosphere; there are more employees in the store at this time than customers. Two added benefits are that you get fresh(er) produce as they are restocking at this time and a greater chance of getting meat at a reduced price. On the rare occasion that I have to shop during the day or early evening, I always regret it. Early weekday mornings are the way to go if possible.

16. saver

saverNew Member

Threads:
    I personally feel that it is a lot less busy at night. Also at times it seems that you can get a lot better deals.

17. nefsyn

nefsynNew Member

Threads:
    Not during the day time. Obviously late at night or very early in the morning. The only bad thing is waiting in line sometimes because there's only a single register open. You could probably get away in electronics if you went to Wal-Mart if you didn't buy much.

18. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We always try to go to Walmart or any other busy store first thing in the morning. I do not like driving at night, especially in the winter when it gets dark much earlier; so going late in the evening is not a good solution for me.
    Early mornings, even though there will already be some customers there, it is usually pretty easy to get the shopping done and get back home again.
    I usually wait until right after 8AM, because then most of the people who are driving to work have already arrived there, and the traffic is not ass bad as if you go before then.
    Sometimes, I go early on Sunday morning, and then there are not really any people that are going to work like there are during the week; so just about anytime early on Sunday is a good time.

19. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping for groceries fairly late at night if possible, but it’s usually more convenient for me to go after work on early Friday evenings. It can be pretty crowded around that time because many other people have the same idea, but it’s always far more packed on the weekends so I’ve started to avoid that as much as possible. Our Target is also pretty peaceful at night if I need to pick up some incidental non-grocery items, so that usually works out pretty well.

20. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I like going early in the morning, as it means that most stocks are available, but you don't have to waste a lot of time sitting in queues in the car park, or at the checkout. I go swimming at 7am each morning, and am usually in the supermarket for around 8 whenever I need to go, and that suits me just fine as there are rarely many people choosing to shop there at the same time. I think that you can really enjoy the process of buying your food a lot more if there are fewer people around to annoy you, so this is something that it is definitely worth thinking about if you want to change when you do your shopping.