What titles do you reccomend on Netflix?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by MoniqueSeibel • Apr 14, 2013.

1. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    Since Netflix is a popular topic on this forum, I thought we could all recommend some titles. Albeit, I only have the Canadian version which I hear is much more limited. I know some people aren't convinced it is worth it, but I really have seen some amazing movies and series. Some of the series and movies I had already seen prior to Netflix, but it is a good option for the people who don't get HBO or AMC.

Dramas: The Descendants, Pan's Labyrinth, Requiem for a Dream, Closer, Lost in Translation, Fargo, Martha Marcy May Marlene, Fish Tank, My Summer of Love, Transamerica, The Wave, The Beautiful Person

Thrillers: Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Salt, Reservoir Dogs, Take Shelter, Changing Lanes, Julia's Eyes, Love Crime, Children of Men, Snatch

Horror: Let Me In, The Snowtown Murders, The Descent, Scream, Halloween

Romance: Like Crazy, 500 Days of Summer, Lola Versus, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Chasing Amy, Weekend

Documentary: Food Inc, Katy Perry The Movie, Vegucated, Supersize Me

Series: Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Dexter, The Walking Dead, The Vampire Diaries (I didn't even think I would like this show but I do)

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead.
    Those are two series that will go down in history as great productions, and will be used as examples for future series.

I also heard that Mad Men is fantastic, but i have yet to start watching that.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    You have a great taste in movies and series! I've watched most movies on your list. I have a long list of movies I've watched and liked somewhere too, but I'm too lazy to list them all, so I'll go with the ones on the top of my head now: Memento (for those of you who like mindfucks), Changeling (Angelina Jolie's best performance, and a truly great drama), The Usual Suspects, Silence of the Lambs, Oldboy, Shutter Island, Inception, The Prestige, Confessions, Biutiful, Funny Games (the original version from Haneke), Mulholland Drive (one of Lynch's best movies), Gran Torino (Cling Eastwood's best movie to date), etc.

As for series, Breaking Bad is insanely good. I'm in the middle of season 4 now, and it quickly became my favorite series. Homeland is really, really good too. I haven't watched either Mad Men or The Walking Dead because I don't really like what they're about. But I definitely want to start watching Dexter. I love movies and series that feature serial killers.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

One of my favorite series on Netflix is supernatural I love that show and can't get enough of it

5. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    On Netflix (Canada) I would totally Suggest:
    Arrested Development, Scrubs, Leverage, Burn Notice, House of Cards,

As for movies, I loved the sweet drama Lars and the Real Girl, and I loved the Thriller, the Game, and similar movies to that (all recommended by netflix I might add). I also enjoyed the horror movies Dale and Tucker Vs Evil, which is really more of a horror comedy but it is simply hilarious. Hunger Games was really good, as is Hall Pass and the Other Guys.

I find that if you find a movie you like and click the name, rather than the image to play, you can scroll right down to the bottom and find similar movies. This is often how I discover the movies I want to watch.