What to ask yourself before signing up for a bundle

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by trishgl • Sep 17, 2013.

1. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Companies keep pushing you to avail of cable, internet and landline phone bundles that promise big savings but should you really get one? Before committing you should be asking yourself these basic questions. Would I actually use the service? Don't get a bundle with services you don't use. Sure it might seem like you'll be saving money but if you don't use the service on a regular basis it won't really matter. Does the introductory price expire? If the ad says pay a low fee for the first x months then that's a red flag for you. If the price goes back to normal and you are locked in for let’s say 24 months then you might lose more than you saved.

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Still using the same connection i used years ago and i still never had a reason to complain. Every time a new salesman shows up at my door or someone calls me to tell me about their great prices, i always say i am sorry, but i am already satisfied with my service.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    AT&T has been very aggressive about trying to get me to add more services to my bundle. But it doesn't make sense for me to get their cable service when I already watch TV shows on their internet service.
    They send me junk mail and call me several times a month about adding cable and cell phone service. It's annoying but I don't want to switch internet providers.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    That is really some good advice, trishgl, as we actually got caught up in that once but never again. Ours was with satellite TV many years ago when it first was available in our area. Getting free Showtime & HBO for 3 months and then getting hit with paying for both for the next 21 months was a lesson learned for us. When we moved into our new home a couple of years ago, I had to really be firm with the sales rep that I did NOT want a landline or their phone service just to get cable TV. I also had to be very firm about what channel package I wanted. It is definitely worth it to know exactly what you need and want before even calling them.