What To Buy For Fathers Day?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Leah • Apr 9, 2016.

1. Leah

LeahNew Member

Threads:
    I want to find something unique for my partner for Fathers day and I know it's a little while away but I want to get some idea of gifts ready so I can do lots of researching on prices etc.
    I'm hoping to find something more meaningful than anything else, though.

What about cards? Have you ever given your partner/dad a handmade card?
    Where can I buy the bits and bobs so it doesn't look shoddy if I make it?

Last year we didn't have much money so I got him a mug with pictures of him and our son from Moonpig and he loved it but this year I want to spend more time thinking about it.

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Lol, I am buying my husband a house for father's day this year! We are trying to buy a house right now and I told him that this was going to be his birthday gift and father's day gift this year. On a serious note, you do not have to buy anything of any significance. I find that going simple and meaningful is best. Whatever he likes to do, get something that goes with that hobby or sport.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    There isn't that amount great amount of fuss about fathers day as it would be for mothers day. Therefore, a gift for fathers day would be welcome but it won't necessarily be anything elaborate. Something like a nice tie and a belt would probably be acceptable.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    These days there are tons of unique items on Amazon and ebay in many different categories or interests so whatever your partner's specific interest is I'm sure there is some whacky or innovative product out there that can serve as a nice gift or even just the general novelty items are also sometimes fun enough to be appealing to anyone regardless of their particular taste. If not then you could also just buy him some tickets to something he likes, like a trip or a concert.

5. Jani

JaniNew Member

Threads:
    @Leah@Leah, your mug gift from last year sound so nice. I'm also looking for great ideas for my fiancé for father's day.This is going to be his first father's day,so I really want to make or buy something special. I think making something special yourself will mean so much more, maybe try searching diy father's day gifts.
    Hope you find something nice, keep us posted if you do!

6. Noreht

NorehtMember

Threads:
    My better half always comes up with great ideas that doesn't cost a lot of money. As a first time father I would be happy with a handmade card and maybe breakfast in bed. My fiance is an artist so maybe she could do a painting of our baby?

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my opinion you can't go wrong with a watch or perfume, although that costs a bit of money. A shirt or pants would be more affordable I think, even if it's such a common and generic gift.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Opt for something simple and cheap. It's the thought that counts after all.

The following would probably be good enough gift for fathers day:

A dollar shave club membership. For $3 a month you get new razors and other grooming products. I'm sure any man would like that.

9. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Gosh, I have gotten my father very different presents over the years, because my financial situation has changed and so has my dad's interests! One year I got a local college art student to paint a picture of my dad and our dog, Petey. Dad and Petey are inseparable, so I snapped a photo of them playing together on the sly while they were playing with a frisbee. I gave it to the artist and she painting the picture. She was a college student and worked really hard on it and charged me less than $50 to do it. Most student artists are just happy to be able to say they used their craft for a paying gig. That was probably Dad's favorite presents. I have also done things like paying for a sports package that he was to cheap to afford for a year. Plus, no matter what, I always make him dinner. Whatever he wants!

10. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    Well it's a good idea to give him something related to any of his hobbies or interests so that you can be sure that he will like it and really appreciate it. On the other hand, you can't go wrong with homemade baked goods. He'll appreciate the effort you put into making him his favorite desserts. Alternatively and if you both have time, you could just dedicate the day to his favorite activities. Give him an experience he'll remember. Experiences are often better than material objects.