What to buy with a $250 Amazon coupon

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by trendchaser • Jun 3, 2012.

1. trendchaser

trendchaserMember

Threads:
    Hello everyone, I recently finished my college, and my mom handed me a 250$ gift card from Amazon. I'm really good with my current status as my laptop is good, I have all the games I want at the moment, so I'm looking for interesting ideas on how others would spend the money.
    I'm curious to know what others would buy for themselves if they have this coupon

2. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm possibly things for my home, decor or kitchen ware. Or I would just save it, I believe they never expire. Or kindle books!

3. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    My kids each got exactly that amount in an Amazon gift card from their aunt and asked me the exact same question! In the end, they bought a few fun things (movies, games, etc), but decided to invest in household items for setting up their own place. Even though they're still living with me, they have stuff for an apartment of their own some day - little things you don't often think about like towels, cookware, etc.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Shoes, shoes and more shoes! Maybe a purse just to mix it up. :)

5. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I would probably save it for a special occasion. I might use it to purchase Christmas or Birthday gifts, then I would have stress-free holidays!! But seriously, I hold onto money for a long time because you never know when you might really need it.

6. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    250 dollars?!
    Yesss!

7. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to go with more games. There were a lot of good games announced at E3 on the first day, so I'd save it for that... unless the coupon has a really early expiration date?

8. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I would get a Kindle! In reality though, the best thing you could do is probably save it. You never know when you are going to need something and it would be nice to have it for just such an occasion. I would just make sure that it doesn't expire or have any fees over time that will reduce the balance.

9. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    You have very sensible children indeed. Must be something to do with their upbringing.

Back on topic.
    If I had that 250usd, I would invest it in as good a video camera as that amount of money can buy. There are lots and lots of things which can be done with a video camera. Check out youtube and you will see what I mean.

10. Cheseloo

CheselooMember

Threads:
    That's a whole lotta books for the next few years. That's how I'd use it.

11. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Well, you don't have to spend at once, but if you feel the need, then is there a phone that you would want to buy unlocked? Are you moving into your own apartment soon? Do you have any hobbies? Buy some tools for the house or your car. Look at some cameras or a Wacom pen and tablet.

This is something you should really treat yourself to: a nice set of sheets. Nothing less than 350 thread count, but go for 400-500. You will not regret it. There are very few things better than an amazing set of sheets to sleep on.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I would likely wait to use it until a need actually arose. As mentioned above, they don't expire. So what are you doing next in life? Are you moving out on your own? Will you need things for a house? How about food (Amazon runs some awesome deals on bulk grocery purchases)? Are you going to continue your training and could maybe benefit from books?

13. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm, I think what you should do is send it to me and I'll take care of it for you. I'll send you my address!

Haha, in all seriousness you can put it in your amazon account and it will stay there forever so you can wait until ther eis omething you need.

14. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I have the Wacom tablet and it's pretty cool if you like to draw. I use mine often, but I'm not sure what I would spend the money on. Maybe you can buy a video game or something. If I had the money I would hold on to it until figure out what I really want. I could use a new cellphone, I might spend it on that.

15. trendchaser

trendchaserMember

Threads:
    That's a very good suggestion indeed. I think I will transfer to the Amazon account. :)

16. trendchaser

trendchaserMember

Threads:
    And thanks you all for your responses. Some very nice suggestions and ideas you all gave :)

17. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Did you make a decision or are you just going to put it on your account? That won't be a bad thing, but you should find something, no matter how big it is, to get. You want to be able to tell your mom something about how much you've enjoyed their gift. She won't mind if you don't spend the whole thing, but there has to be something that you can treat yourself to.

18. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I would probably do the same as your kids... but I don't live with my parents. I'd probably get myself another saucepan (my last one broke and I haven't replaced it yet), a sheet set, some essential oils, some apps I need for my tablet, and maybe something frivolous as well, like a computer game for my husband.

19. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Given how most gift cards don't ever expire, I'd say it's best to save your money for special occasions/holiday shopping if you've really got nothing to shop for.

20. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Your mother gave you a $250 Amazon gift card? Are you serious??!! I wish I had a mother to give me such a thing! What would I do with a $250 card from Amazon? Buy a dozen books I want, purchase a few movies that I prefer to own, get a couple of things for the kitchen and miscellaneous items that I get throughout the year. Lucky guy!