What To Do With Overripe Bananas

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Beast_Titan • May 18, 2017.

1. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I got a coupon for bananas so I puirchased a lot of them but some them started to overripe. Overripe bananas are safe to eat but they don't taste good but it is a waste of money to throw them away, I found recipes you can do to overriped bananas . They taste good and those mushy bananas won't go to waste.

These recipes can make those overriped bananas useful.

2. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, nice videos right there, a lot of things we can do with overripe bananas, and one of them is banana bread, my favorite!

Another thing we can do are smoothies, along with strawberries they are delicious! As a dessert we can also fry they with some butter, and add sugar and cinnamon at the end, delicious! :D

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I never throw them away... I usually use them in some specific recipes, for example: banana candy, banana's icre cream or banana cake. To make these recipes, the banana always has to be very overripe.

If you have never tried, you should give it a try.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over ripe bananas are really good for pancakes, muffins and bread. You have to catch them before they start to rot. When you can catch them you can use them for these delicacies, and they are really good. You can also use banana skins for a number of things, even using them to get scratches off CD's,

5. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I usually eat that because I don't want to waste it by throwing it away. But till today I haven't thought of a recipe for which over ripe bananas can be used. Thanks for the recipes. All of them looks yummy and super delicious.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was going to college we had to have a project with actually showing what we were giving directions for. Well one of my alum had a decadent recipe for ripe bananas. You get your bananas cut it in half. Heat up your skillet with oil for deep frying bananas covered with brown sugar rolled in lumpia. It is delicious, calorie packed and so decadent it was good! :D Now you can modify it with what you like, bake it for I would guess low heat like 375 for 15 min. just so the lumpia is crisp and omit brown sugar or use stevia or coconut sugar. It was good, decadent dessert though. Below are examples of wrappers you can use-it fries up pretty fast, so you got to stand over it. Or you can use the kind of wrappers with it. Another recipe just popped up. We love to cut up fresh apples and dice them to add to our pancakes. Why not over ripe bananas to add to you pancake mix and cook them up? Well, enjoy your bananas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Leekiam

LeekiamNew Member

Threads:
    With lots of banana tree in our backyard this is a common thing for us. We usually make banana cake out of those overriped bananas its easy to make less messy and tatse good. It also helps having a pet bird or any other pets that loves sweet bananas. But i guess the best thing to do is eat it before it turns brown.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Well I never thought over ripe banana can be useful this way, I have has some of the bananas I buy become over ripe hen I am not able to finish eating them on time. I do think once banana become over ripe it was good as getting bad. Here I have learned over ripe bananas can still be put to good use and fine food recipes made from them.

9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We seldom buy bananas lately that may be due to the paradigm shift in taste. But in the recent years when there was always bananas on the table, I have this recipe for the leftover. Bananas ripen easily so when we buy a cluster, we had to eat quick (in a day or 2) otherwise the banana will have darkened skin and will be over ripe. Mixed with old bread, the banana can be made into banana bread. Other ingredients are sugar, condensed milk, eggs and bits of cheese for added flavoring. Mix everything and bake for 30 minutes to 1 hour and you have your banana bread.

10. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    @tonyb@tonyb Many of the recipes that uses them are very cheap too. Banana oat cookies only have 2 ingredients! It is very affordable and tasty and it is so easy to make that even kids can make them.

#10May 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2017
  11. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    That's the thing @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan, these recipes are usually cheap to make, it's all a matter of knowing what to do and being willing to do it. Most people prefer to throw the bananas away than to use them to do something most people will actually love eating.

12. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    This is funny because as I write this, I have over a dozen overripe banana sitting on my dinner table. I would never dare to eat all of them at once again (never do that). What I do is make smoothies with them since it is so easy and cheap to do given you have a blender.

13. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Banana bread always comes to mind, but I have also heard some rumblings about banana pudding, and that sounds delicious to me. I am not sure of the steps, but it is worth a look I suppose.

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan I am going to try them out some day, the fact is I have had over ripe bananas which I never knew could be useful at making these kinds of recipes. From this article I may have to try any of those recipes and hopefully I find them great.

#14May 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  15. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Usually we used overripe banana in one sweet dish, so with mixed stuff it taste good too. The videos you have posted looks interesting. I will check them out and will try next time for the same. Though I need to wait for getting overripe bananas for it. lol

16. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    One of the good ways to use over ripe bananas is by making banana ice cream. Skin the banana, slice the bananas, keep the slices inside a plastic bad and let them freeze in the freezer. After 6 hours, take out the frozen banana, grind them in a grinder, add milk and sugar, and let the mixture freeze. In few hours your banana ice cream will be ready.

17. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I love making Nice cream, That is what health buffs call the Banana ice cream. I usually make coffee and chocolate flavor ones to cover up the fruity flavor. It tasted exactly like real ice cream. Dani Spies from Youtube have a lot of Nice Cream recipes that are really tasty.
    I just had banana pancakes for breakfast and it is creamy inside due to the bananas melting to the heat of the pan. It is so tasty even without syrup.

18. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    Thank you for this! The problem we have at home is we buy bananas, place it on our table, and we won't even notice it being there. My husband and I go to work every day and we don't always eat at home. I love bananas but by the time I look for them, they're too ripe to eat.:(

19. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, that is true. Overripe banana has so many uses. It could be baked as a banana cake. It could be made into other food stuff. It has so many possible good and tasty recipes to make.

In our place, banana is grown abundantly. Every Saturday which is our market day, you could find several bunches of banana sold everywhere. However, its price is exorbitant. I don't know why it is sold that way.

20. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Bananas getting overripe is pretty common, especially during summer. So, we need to find out some means to avoid wastage.

Mixing them into cake batter is what I do most often. It makes the cake super soft, and you don't need to add artificial essence to the batter as well. Besides, I make a kind of baked biscuits, mixing them with flour and semolina. Thus, as such there's no wastage of overripe bananas.