What To Listen To When Exercising?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by 003 • Sep 14, 2015.

1. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I doubt I'd be able to make much effort if I was listening to an audiobook whilst exercising. I prefer fast paced music - either dance music or rock. It helps me work much harder.

2. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    When I'm exercising (rarely to be honest, I should go jogging way more) I nearly play Hip-Hop every time, specially songs with a very hard beat and drums, so they pump me up. Electronic and dance music is not bad either, but I prefer Rap.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Meditation music is ok for yoga sessions, but if she will be moving fast and sweating then she MUST have fast paced music! Aside from the common rap and rock playlist, I recommend those dance songs by Real McCoy way back in the 90's. Their songs are quite good!

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to listen to fast music with a beat and some drum beats to help get the energy moving faster. It helps to clean the house faster also. Zumba is good but the jumping hurts the knees. I have started to hulua Hoop working the abs and love handles with good up beat music.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well yes, if you are going to do Yoga, then yes meditation music would be completely ideal. But to go to the gym and pump iron, and also to do a high intensity workout, I just don't understand how meditation music would help. Somehow, my mother seems to think that the meditation music helps her to go harder with her workouts. She is on her own there lol.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Well have you seen how your mother works out in the gym? Maybe she moves in a slow-mo way that's why she loves to listen to meditation music? Lol!

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been in the car with her driving to the gym, and then when she goes inside, I go into the Morrison's just over the road from her so that I can get me some groceries. So I have never actually gone into the gym with her. Who knows, perhaps she is slo-moing it through the workouts lol. She is losing weight pretty fast though, so who knows what her secret is? ;)

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Well if that's the case then there's only one way to find out.. Go with her to the gym! Lol. If she does go there everday or every other day then no wonder she is losing weight fast.

9. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like to rock out when I run or do other kinds of exercise-and the more upbeat music I can listen to while getting into the zen of my workout- can really help me get my mind off of other things for awhile. I like uptempo songs,but not to fast of tempo and I like to get in the zone with my songs,so music can get you moving and in the groove. Some artists that are good to listen to for workouts are the Cranberries,Red Hot Chili Peppers,and Alanis Morissette.

#29Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  10. Malibeast

MalibeastMember

Threads:
    I think that depends on a variety of factors, such as your personality and the nature of the exercise.

If you're a studious person, or a person who enjoys reading and/or stories, or a busy person, and you feel that there just enough hours in the day to catch up on that book you've been meaning to read, then killing two birds with one stone -- listening to an audiobook while exercising -- might be the way to go.

11. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer listening to music when carrying out my exercise and it's hip-hop songs I enjoy most while being at it. The sole reason I prefer hip-hop song while exercising is as a result of the energy involved in such songs production, the beats employed in producing it seems to be adrenaline pumping agent as it hits you up while listening to it using a headset, your heart beats faster to the beats and your blood circulation tends to speed up.

Though sometimes, I entertain instrumentals kind of music but not too often as it's my sleeping pills music. The moment I start listening to it, sleep is the next thing that comes knocking.

12. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really listen to songs if I am working out, I usually like the silence and high heat. However, a good song does help and can entertain me and even motivate me a bit.