What to Splurge For

Discussion in Misc & Others started by vida_llevares • Mar 25, 2013.

1. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    Hi.

Just a curious thought. If there's one luxury item you would splurge for, what would it be and why?

I think our answers would also reflect our personality.

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I will splurge on pretty much any guitar gear I can find (mics, pedals, strings, etc.), as well as on any electronics and/or gadgets I think I have to own :p This is why I ended up spending a lot of money on eBay for guitar equipment and also the reason why I bought a tablet.

No regrets!

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    If I could afford it, I would splurge on a brand new car. But since I can't afford such a thing at this moment, I just say nice thought. One of these days perhaps but not at the moment. But I have splurged on some beads for making me a piece of jewelry and knowing I could have bought some cheaper ones, but that is not what I wanted so I bought the real gemstones and I was happy afterwards.

4. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I would probably buy a new piano. However, I would need a new place to live if I wanted that! My current residence is far too small to accomodate a piano (unless I slept underneath it!). It is not something I need urgently of course but it would be nice to have a proper piano to play on rather than a digital keyboard.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd splurge for a home entertainment system. I prefer watching at home than at the cinemas, so this will only cement my decision further. If I had the best quality screen and sound I would feel like a king even when I am just watching some random reality show.

6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    The only thing I would splurge for would be a car. It wouldn't be the most expensive one but a nice small sports car and that is the only thing that I could see myself splurging on. And the reason why is because I keep my cars for a long time and keep them in great shape and that would be the reason for that splurge.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would definitely splurge on electronics of any kind, and if I was that rich, I'd even collect different models and brands of cellphones, tablets, etc.

8. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Definitely, giving me a loaded credit card at a computer 3D art website can be dangerous. ;) Also, I enjoy splurging on musical equipment.and eating out. Finally, I have to admit that traveling would cause me to splurge possibly as much as 3D art.

Anyway, though, there are ways to save on all these things, so the splurging isn't as dramatic. For instance, with travel, there are travel discount sites and with 3D art, you can look for special deals and discounted items.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I could splurge on buying my own home and a new car. I have none of those and well it has been my dream since forever. I hope it is a dream that will come true as it will make my daughters life and mine easier and happier. This will be hard to happen but I still have faith it will happen sometime soon.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me I'd splurge on an ice cream cake from Baskin and Robins, lol. I found out that some of their ice cream has low sugar so I'd definitely splurge on an ice cream cake or a roast beef dinner dinning out like at Chris Steak House or another high end restaurant. I can't afford beef these days, we laugh at home and buy McPick 2/$3 and get a McDouble for even fresh corn beef is 3.99 a pound on sale.

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I would use the money to splurge on a long vacation or trip to a sea village,so I could mellow out quite a bit and also stay cool for the summer-and it would be nice to get a bit of work done as well,but more in a leisurely way. But most of all -I would do a lot of beachcombing because its very good for the soul !