What to wear for a casual wedding?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sarahlou773 • Aug 1, 2012.

1. sarahlou773

sarahlou773Member

Threads:
    I have been invited to a wedding (the first one in my life!) in September but the couple are very laid back and I don't think it will be overly formal, what can I wear that says casual yet smart? (It is in a registry office, not a church)

Thank you in advance! :)

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    My son and daughter-in-law married in September 6 years ago, and I bought a calf length a-line crepe de chine dress , and a toning, lightweight jacket to go with it. As I was mother of the groom, I also wore a hat, but without the hat, that sort of ensemble is comfortable and smart, but not too dressy. Somewhere like BHS, Bonne Marche, Marks and Spencers or even Primark would probably have just the sort of outfit I've described.

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I think you looked just beautiful and was dressed really nice. I like those kind of dresses and I know the hat made it very special and you looked just lovely. I think this is the way that someone should dress for a wedding and be just as lovely as the bride/groom. No one needs to buy an expensive dress for such an ordeal when you may not use it again or you can use it for whatever.

4. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    You can never go wrong with the white button-down. You can wear it with black skinny pants or a khaki pencil skirt. Pair it with red pumps or flats, whichever you prefer. You just have to accessorize properly, like accent the shirt with a gold bib necklace.

5. sarahlou773

sarahlou773Member

Threads:
    Thanks for all your tips :) now i get the fun part of shopping! :-D

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I would generally go with a simple dress or slacks and a nice shirt for this sort of thing. Even though it's "casual," it's still a special occasion and you don't want to just throw together whatever. Dress nice and even if you are slightly overdressed, that's way better than underdressed.

7. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I think you could wear some slacks or some office smart casual attire that would go with it. I would say a playful blouse along with the slacks or some skirt with a tank top and a cardigan would do and some open toe sandals. :)

8. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    Causal or formal I always go for a dress. A semi formal would have me in a nice cocktail dress with appropriate shoes. A causal, I would wear maybe a nice flowy sun dress and some great looking sandals. To me casual means comfort. You should look good, but be comfortable.

9. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    A very simple, plain dress, perhaps? Maybe light brown/tan or light grey? I like to wear a light red dress for special occasions but I'm not sure that the color scheme is appropriate for a wedding.

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe it's because I'm a city girl, but I would go with jeans and high heels. That, with a nice top and some elegant accessories, should be both casual and dressy enough.

11. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest you to come with your jeans with a leather shoes. You could wear a casual t-shirt and you top it with a casual sweater or coat. :D It is a mix of casual and semi-formal get up that would not make you feel out of place in a casual wedding ceremony. You are just right there in the middle. :D

#11Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  12. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I would go for business casual look. For the ladies a simple black knee length dress and some accessories is cool. Or if you are a guy I'd opt for pressed khakis pants and nice button down dress shirt and nice shoes. Have fun at the wedding.

13. markhanah

markhanahNew Member

Threads:
    I like to wear different type of clothes. In casual wedding I like to wear also casual dress for look to beautiful and amazing. Here I get such nice tips for different type of cloth for casual wedding.

14. emiliiocharles

emiliiocharlesNew Member

Threads:
    Different type of people like to different type of clothes in wear wedding. Here i get useful information about casual wedding. This type of dress looks wonderful and fantastic.