What trends are coming back?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Strykstar • Jun 3, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    What fashion trends do you think are seeing a resurgence after being out of fashion for some time?
    They say fashion is cyclical, so what's currently on the rise again?

2. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    Hopefully cargo pants? I don't really know what I'm talking about, but for some reason I think that the whole "more pockets" thing is on the rise, which is good for me as I like a good pair of sturdy cargo pants.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Flared leg, or "bell bottom" jeans. Seen them in several fashion mags while waiting in doc's office. I guess people got tired of squeezing into jeans so tight that some forgot to cover their bottom...or it became too tiresome. Hopefully, designers will bring back jeans with full seats.

4. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    They say you shouldn't wear something that comes back in style if you wore it the first time it was popular. At this point, that pretty much leaves me wearing flour sacks LOL!!

Seriously, I would really like to see jeans that cover bottom halves from above the belly button down.

5. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Harem pants making a comeback would be nice. Actually a friend bought me a pair that was on sale at a boutique that was going out of business, and they're quite comfortable. But unfortunately tight fitting clothing will always be popular, at least with people who feel the need to squeeze themselves into them. Not me though. I need room to grove in my clothing.

6. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I've read somewhere before that when it comes to fashion the trend cycles every 20 years. That's why the 70's look came back in the 90's while the 80's look came back in 2000's. So if this is true, then it's the 90's trend turn to come back - that means combat boots, ripped jeans and some other random fashion styles taken from the "Clueless" movie. :)

7. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Crop tops are coming back. I remember wearing them as a little girl in the summer and now twenty plus years later I am seeing them everywhere! I don't think the effect is the same on women as it is on younger girls so I don't think I will be participating in this trend.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So very true! I have seen certain style come back several times. Truthfully, I really like some of the old styles. ;)

I'm not sure what they are called now, but I have noticed that Jellies are back in style. They are those plastic shoes.
    I just checked. They are still called Jellies. I am going to be sticking with the "once in a lifetime" rule on this fashion resurgence.