What TV series are you following?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by addicted_buyer • Jan 7, 2013.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    What TV series (and/or shows) do you never miss an episode of or are you currently following on TV/Netflix/downloading/etc.?

I've been following these some of these series for a while, and some for about a month or so (in no particular order):

1. Homeland
    2. 30 Rock
    3. The Mentalist
    4. Parks and Recreation
    5. Community
    6. Modern Family
    7. Person of Interest

I'm also looking forward to watch The Following (which starts on January 21st) and The Americans (which starts on January 30th).

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a few shows that I watch consistently:

--Homeland
    --Person of Interest
    --Suits
    --Leverage. This was recently cancelled. So sad.

3. untitled

untitledMember

Threads:
    Dexter and Boardwalk Empire. TV isn't what it used to be though, not much compelling shows out there anymore.

4. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Currently I'm focused on one serie: Homeland. It's a plot that catch me in an amazing way. Beyond that, I'm waiting for release in my country of the second season of New Girl. I am also waiting for the second part of the third season of The Walking Dead. I enjoy American series but part of my heart is placed in TV dramas in Japan and South Korea. These programs take much of my share of attention. Anyway, I insist: Homeland is one of the best series of recent times. :D

5. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    I like to watch any of the Housewives shows. It makes me laugh to see all of those rich ladies in their expensive boots yelling at each other about basically nothing. It's also nice to see how the other half lives.:rolleyes:

6. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I'm currently liking Dexter and the all the other drama realty shows. Like Mob wives and the real housewives, its crazy but i love it. It keeps me entertained.

7. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Depends on what kind of shows you like, really. There are many good shows out there (Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sons of Anarchy, etc.). Sure, they may not be the same as older shows like The Wire or even Twin Peaks, but I think there are many good series and much variety right now.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nowadays, I don't watch tv anymore, because Desperate Housewives has just ended, but when it started airing, I watched it religiously and I never missed an episode. I even have dvd copies of the show's seasons. As of now, I have yet to stumble upon a show that would lure me back to watching tv again.

#8Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  9. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    Once I get hooked on an interesting show, I watch religiously and follow the story and its characters until the very end.

Currently I follow:

Once Upon A Time
    Grimm
    Touch
    Community
    The Walking Dead
    A Game Of Thrones
    True Blood

On Netflix:

The Twilight Zone
    Doc Martin
    A few anime series

#9Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    This new series "The Following", starring Kevin Bacon as the main character, is starting this Monday on FOX. Will anyone else be following (pun intended) it?

11. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    Glad you mentioned this show. I did see a commercial for it not too long ago, and had since forgotten about it. From what I saw it looks interesting enough. I'll watch the pilot and see whether it will be another show to add to my list.

12. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Same here, I watched a commercial and then found the trailer on YouTube. It looks like a very dark show, just what I've been waiting for. And I really like that the plot revolves around serial killers. I hope it's worth watching!

13. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm following Ripper Street here in the UK. It is about police solving crimes in late 1800s. It might not make it until the end of its series because it portrays a lot of women as prostitutes and a lot of women are in uproar and complaining.

14. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    We just finished Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. Loved it!!!! Now I'm waiting for it to come on Tv.
    And, we need a new show to watch!

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently watched a bunch of episodes in a row of Extreme Cheapskates. It's an A&E show but someone uploaded some of the episodes on Youtube.

I thought we, of the dontpayfull.com forums were frugal. But the people on Extreme Chepaskates take it to another level. One guy washes and reuses paper towels and gave his wife a 25th anniversary gift that he pulled out of a dumpster. A lady in New York does not use toilet paper. She keeps a bottle of water next to the toilet to clean up after doing her business.

But one of the women, who pees in a bottle to cut down her water bill has enough money in savings to last until she's 100 years old, and she never has to work again. The other lady who doesn't use toilet paper owns her own apartment in New York City that is completely paid for. One of the male cheapskates who haggles for everything and buys weird cuts of meat and organ meats, lives in a beautiful house and retired in his 40's.
    So I don't know whether they're crazy or smart.

They economize in crazy ,sometimes disgusting ways, but they are all debt free and retired.
    I won't go as far as they have, but I have been cutting back on unnecessary purchases this year.
    Extreme Cheapskates is a weird combination of shocking, gross and inspiring.

16. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Definitely crazy, in my opinion. Going to the bathroom is a basic need, it's not something you should try to economize in!

17. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I follow Sons of Anarchy, The New Normal, Deception, and Dexter. If I miss an episode of these shows, I normally watch it online.

18. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Although I am embarrassed to admit some of them, I can't help it though, they hooked me in some how....

1. Shameless
    2. Switched At Birth
    3. Catfish
    4. Teen Mom/Teen Mom2
    5. Secret Life
    6. Veep
    7. Web Therapy

19. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Did anyone watch "The Following" on Monday? It was a little disappointing, in my opinion. Excessive Poe quotes, cheesy music and a plot that moves faster than the Road Runner. But, in its defense, it was the pilot, so the series should get a lot better over a few episodes.

20. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have recently been following Glee and One tree hill i know they are kinda old shows but i started watching them when they first came out and i seen maybe 6 first episodes of the first season than life got a little crazy and i lost track never finished watching the show so i started all over from season one on netflix and have been watching them i'm trying to catch up on Glee because they have a new season that starts this thursday so i gotta catch up thank God for DVRs and Netflix lol