What TV series are you following?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by addicted_buyer • Jan 7, 2013.

1. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Not following any TV series intentionally.When i am free, i'd like to watch Vampire Diaries.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I watched The Following. I like the Poe quotes and the fast moving plot. The acting was top notch. My only concern was the gore. I don't watch Criminal Minds much any more because of the excessive gore. I will give the show a chance unless it gets too gory. I like shows where the "hero" is imperfect. The hero in The Following is a mess. ;)

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    My main concern was the fast moving plot. Most series where someone is killed, they give the audience some time to assimilate it. In The Following, it was like, "oh, ok, another one bites the dust". It must not be easy to fit so many plot points and twists in just 40 minutes, though, and especially during the pilot.

The show wasn't so gory to me, except for the part where they found the dog, which was really creepy. There are shows like American Horror Story that are much, much gorier!

4. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I followed the second season of "American Horror Story". I thought it was not nearly as great as season 1. I also am following season 3 of "The Walking Dead" and the current season of "Supernatural".

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Is AHS any good? I've only watched a couple commercials but I couldn't even get an idea of what the show is about. All I know is that that rubber man was really creepy :p

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Doc Martin is one of my favorites, I also watch Merlin. I miss Star Gate1 and Leverage. I don't look at many shows other cartoons.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Even after all these years, I miss Stargate SG1 too. I don't know why it was cancelled. I thought it was still popular. I'm also a Leverage fan. It really sucks that it was cancelled. The last episode was a perfect ending. I miss the show, but I don't want to ruin the ending.

8. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    Pretty Little Liars is a TV series that I'm currently following. I can't wait to watch the newest episode tomorrow on my laptop since I don't have a TV in my dorm.

9. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I actually DVR a ton of shows. I am somewhat of a TV addict. Me and hubby never miss an episode of The Walking Dead, Supernatural, and Falling Skes. I personally try to never miss an episode of Switched at Birth, Pretty Little Liars, Once Upon A Time, Revenge, and Parenthood. Everything else I catch later on during the week on my DVR.

10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Did you watch the season premiere on Thursday? While I'm sad that NBC fired Dan Harmon and Chevy resigned, I'm eager to see what the new producers have prepared for the show. I hope they don't ruin a great series with an incredibly high and loyal audience (more like a cult!).

11. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I'm in Spain, and we get UK television here, so I'm following these:

Mr Selfridge
    Dancing on Ice
    Lewis
    Mrs Brown's Boys

That's about it, really. I love Downton Abbey, but that's off air at the moment. I don't watch a great deal of television, but I do enjoy a good drama, whether it's period or modern day. As long as there's not too much sex and violence and bad language, I'll enjoy it.

12. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    There's no program that I never miss an episode of because I just don't have that kind of leisure. Sometimes things come up and I end up being busy or not at home and quite often I don't have the opportunity to watch the episode of a favorite show online the next day because I'll be busy with something else. My favorite show to watch though is The Big Bang Theory.

13. gabstaff

gabstaffMember

Threads:
    The ones I follow are:

Homeland
    Downton Abbey
    The Following
    Dallas (loved the orginal one!)
    Nashville
    Grey's Anatomy
    The Biggest Loser
    Bones
    The Americans

14. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Anyone watching The Americans on FX? It's about 2 KGB (Russian) spies living in the US during the 80s. It has some minor similarities with Homeland. Only 3 episodes have been aired so far, but I can already say I like it.

15. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been meaning to watch it. I was a fan of the TV show Alias and I thought it might be like that show. I'm a huge fan of Homeland so I will put watching the first few shows on my to-do list.

16. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I don't follow too much first run TV to be honest. I tend to watch more classic TV these days. But one program that I am definitely into and watch on a regular basis is Once Upon a Time. I decided to watch this program when it premiered a few seasons back and now I am totally hooked on it, to where I find that I can't miss an episode.

17. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    You definitely should! I haven't heard of Alias, but I'm a big Homeland fan too, and that's the reason why I gave The Americans a chance. Definitely not disappointed.

18. blowx3

blowx3New Member

Threads:
    I love
    doctor who
    suits
    supernatural
    greys anatomy
    I don't really have time for any other shows

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me neither. I usually catch up with the show later on by watching the entire season marathon-style online in one sitting while I'm folding laundry or making a shopping list. I don't have a lot of actual free time to devote my full attention to a show. I definitely aspire to have a little more leisure time, but right now I'm working towards my financial goals and paying off my student loans.

The last show I watched in one sitting was the most recent season of The Walking Dead, also the most recent season of The Office and a Big Bang Theory DVD that I borrowed from a friend.

20. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm watching the tv series below:

- Glee
    - Gossip Girl
    - Smash
    - Continuum
    - Warehouse 13
    - Ice Road Truckers

And here in the UK, I usually follow comedy shows
    - 8 out of 10 cats