What type of Paypal account do you have?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by sidney • Apr 10, 2013.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd like to know what type of Paypal account do you use. Do you use a personal or business account? As for me I use a personal one. Does anyone in here use a business account even if they're not a seller? Just wondering.

2. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I have a premium verified account. For those who are about to get a Paypal account, make sure you get it verified as soon as possible. Like immediately. I learned the hard way that it's a real hassle to get my account verified after I left off doing this until a whole year later.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a business account. It's also verified. I upgraded a personal account to a business because I wanted to sell online and get a PayPal debit card.

4. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have a Business account as well. When I started working from home and I saw the benefits of everyone having the Pay Pal option, I went and opened a Business account, just for my little work at home positions.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you have a business account, do you get a fee everytime you receive money? Or as long as the payment is not a business payment and was sent as a gift then you are also spared from the fees?

6. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    I have a personal account when I registered with paypal and upgraded it to premium a few years back. I havent verified it even when I have upgraded it to premium and it is such a painstakingly task just to get verified again when your account is locked. I had to send paypal a proof of billing first so they can unlocked my account which took about 4 days and used my debit card to verify it.

If possible, verify your account ASAP so you wont experienced what I had.

7. avadarling

avadarlingMember

Threads:
    I just use a regular normal paypal account. I wasn't aware that there were more than one. My paypal is -$175!! I don't understand how the heck that has happened lol but its negative.

8. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I use a personal account. Since I only ever buy small things online, I have no need for a business account. Also, I only ever spend online so I do not need advanced options to receive payment. It gave me the option of making a business account when I set one up. I decided for the reasons I have mentioned that it would make no sense to have one. It might even have restricted what I could do.

9. srinivas0812

srinivas0812Member

Threads:
    I use a personal account. Frankly, I never thought of getting a Premier or A Business account as I use my PayPal only for shopping. But, my personal is verified though :) No withdrawal or sending limits, I have my credit card and two bank accounts attached to it.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm also wondering how did that happen? I have never experienced having a negative balance to my account. So when you receive payments, it's still a negative number but decreasing, right? Can you spend the money in your account even if it's negative?

11. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Personal account. I just use it for little purchases online, and rarely purchases over $50.
    It's not fully verified yet, but I'm working my way towards it.

12. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I do have the personal account. I believe that having the business account on paypal would only mean that they would deduct more money upon withdrawing them. So yes, I definitely didn't choose that one.

13. charlesnear

charlesnearNew Member

Threads:
    Personal and verified.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really? I thought that having a business account would only mean larger deductions when you receive payments, but not really when withdrawing. They only charge a little more than $1 per withdrawal if below a certain amount if you use a personal account.

15. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I use a personal one and I'm sure I will be using this one for a long time.
    I currently just don't need a business account just because I'm not doing anything in this category. The personal one is very easy to manage and I never had a problem with it so thereoe I don't see the need to upgrading or changing anything.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I think the same way as you do. Why would you want to have a business account when you just buy stuff online right? But I just read their FAQ and it says that the personal, premier, and business accounts all have the same fees. So I guess there's no disadvantage to upgrading after all.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I downgraded to personal when I closed my business.

18. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I have a personal account and mainly use it for my payments while shopping online.

19. davidexct

davidexctNew Member

Threads:
    I have a regular Paypal account as I use Paypal only for receiving money from online money making websites and then transfer my earnings to my bank account. Paypal is an excellent payment processor for receiving and sending funds over the internet, its regular account works as a charm for me.

20. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a personal account on paypal, never had a business one.