What type of shoes do you prefer?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Strykstar • Oct 9, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I usually prefer to wear sneakers every day and flip flops in the Summer, but at my old job I had to wear dress shoes all day, it was a nightmare.
    What makes you the most comfortable?

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I love flat shoes. I feel awkward when I wear heels because people have to look up to talk to me. I do not like that feeling. Flats are very comfortable, and they go with anything. Also, they are very cheap here. At the mall near my home, they have a promo. Two ballet flats for only 400 PHP or 10 USD.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like wearing flip flops at home or somewhere laid back. I wear sneakers, loafers and espadrilles when I feel like walking the whole day through or when I'm out and about with friends. I like to wear doll shoes or step-in sandals at work, at church or on more formal occasions. All these I'm comfortable wearing. I avoid heels like the plague, though. I don't feel comfortable wearing elevated shoes. They make you feel unnatural.

4. randomdude

randomdudeMember

Threads:
    It really depends on what type of weather situation we are in or season. If it is in the middle of summer, I prefer to wear sandals or some type of light ventalated shoe. If we are experiencing winter like conditions with snow or heavy rain I prefer to wear water slip proof light weight boots. I find it really helpful if I try to purchase a pair of shoes for each season during the off season so that I save money and time.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like sling back shoes with a one to two inch heel. Otherwise, sandals with a short heel. Flats are good, but I prefer to wear a shoe with a heel.

6. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I like wearing desert boots, perfect for dry hot weather. I do like wearing sneakers, but only if I am going to be active. If I know I will walking on trails or something, I will bring boots. If it is something that will only require me to go down the block, I will quickly put on a pair of sneakers. I do not like wearing shiny dress shoes, even when I have to dress for special events. I prefer to wear something a lot more casual than something extravagant and polished.

7. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    We live in sunny Florida so my favorite shoes to wear are flip flops!! They are super comfortable and keep your feet nice and cool which we need here with the heat in Florida! I have gotten so used to wearing them that I actually feel uncomfortable in sneakers and closed shoes!

I'm not complaining.... I feel quite blessed !!

Danyel :)

8. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I wear what is comfortable. I'm either in sneakers, slip on boots, or flip flops. I try to avoid heels and dress shoes as often as possible.
    Weather is Western Pennsylvania is not the easiest to predict so it just depends on the day. I wore fleece lined boots a few days ago, today I wore flip-flops.

I do need to replace my sneakers. They are so worn down from use that they are falling apart. So those might be the ones I wear most often.

9. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like heels or open toed shoes very much. 90% of the time I'm wearing sneakers, they're most comfortable for me and I can get things done more easily (still not super coordinated but it helps ;). Sometimes I'll wear boots too, depending on the weather, but always flat ones.

10. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I work at home, so you can imagine that my work footwear consist of flip flops only. When I have to go out and do some errands, I wear very light canvas shoes like Espadrilles or Toms. Heels are great and given the opportunity on very rare occasions when I have to go to parties and dressy events, I would jump into my 4 - 5 inch heels in a heartbeat. These are the only few times I get to feel fabulous and 5 inches taller! :)

11. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer flats. I usually prefer really small, light shoes like ballet flats whenever possible. The lighter my shoes the more connected to the ground I feel and the more agile I am. I used to wear heals a lot, but then I decided I didn't like how that looked and didn't like being taller all the time, so I gave them all away. For work I currently wear a little heavier mary jane shoe that is not my favorite at all, but they lasted a long time when I had them before and right now I need shoes that last as long as possible for the price.

12. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer sneakers or comfortable shoes, no doubt because I walk a lot and I can't do it with some shoes that are not good. So shoes for me are an investment, I prefer to buy good quality ones that last me longer than some cheaper that hurt me.

13. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I used to prefer converse and would wear those everyday, but recently I've grown very fond of flats. They're easy to wear, comfortable, and don't require socks! They're very handy and go with almost every type of outfit. Dresses, jeans, t-shirts, they go with them all! Casual or formal, they fit every occasion.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love the look of heels, however I cannot stand to wear them. My favorite kind of shoes are flats. They're cute, comfy, you can wear them all day, and you can pair them with pretty much anything. I usually go to work and go out on them, and I also like sandals in the summer. Those are my favorite types of shoes.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to wear flip-flops, sneakers, and sandals. I don't like wearing socks. I also don't like wearing heels and those flat-pointed shoes that seems to be in nowadays, they just don't appeal to me.

16. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I use to live in sneakers all the time, wearing nothing else but after a while I got tired of the look and wanted to appear more put together so started wearing no heel boots. They're comfortable but still look stylish. I don't like wearing heels, that's one pair of shoes you will rarely catch me in. So uncomfortable.

17. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I am the type that my shoes has to match my outfit. Usually I am wearing my comfy nike free runs though.

18. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Usually depends. But I prefer to wear sneakers most of the time because I prefer to wear something comfortable vs. something that just looks nice. But in the summer, I'll also wear flip-flops and in the winter, if it gets to snowy, I'll wear boots if I absolutely have too.

19. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm most comfortable in wearing sneakers too when I go out and just plain slippers when at home. I only wear dress shoes when really necessary like attending special events (so I can look decent enough :D). I'm also comfortable with my running shoes and I do wear them a lot too especially when it's raining and the roads tend to be a little slippery. :)

20. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like nice sneakers. I'm very happy when I'm galloping around outside wearing some nice and comfortable sneakers especially if they are just at the point of getting broken in. I loved it so much once that I even preferred wearing them inside the house when I got home, but now I'm much more comfortable when taking them off after a long day of use.