What was the best travel deal you ever got, and where did you get it from?

Discussion in Travel started by Soliloquy • May 15, 2013.

1. Soliloquy

SoliloquyMember

Threads:
    About five years ago, I heard of a fantastic deal on airfare to London on the evening news. Tickets were only $159! The window of opportunity for travel was actually pretty small if I remember correctly, but it was perfect for my family. I had to get a new passport in a rush, but everything worked out and I spent a week in London on the cheap. It was my family's best vacation ever, and we just cackled with glee the whole time we were there.

We don't really follow the travel deals sites, so it was amazing we were able to take advantage of it. But those of you who do often get travel discounts, what was the best one? Where did you go? How much did you save (or spend)? And most importantly, where did you hear about the discount?

2. jilliansorenson

jilliansorensonNew Member

Threads:
    I often use Priceline.com for hotels and airlines. I think the best deal I ever got there was a hotel in St. Louis about a month ago where I bid $25 (About 30 total after taxes and such) for a 1 star hotel and it worked! It actually turned out to be an Extended Stay America with a kitchen in the room, free internet, and free breakfast - pretty nice! Travel deals are my forte because I have been driving around the country in a van for over a year now. Sometimes I like to sleep in a hotel instead of the van, so I use priceline and bid. Kayak is a good site for car rentals. I haven't been successful on bidding for a lower price on an airline ticket on Priceline yet, but they do seem to have the lowest prices anyway for that.

3. Alexis

AlexisNew Member

Threads:
    For hotels, I used to get some awesome deals on

, though recently they aren't what they used to be. For car rentals, I got a compact for $19-something a day with a discount code from

during the World Series last year in Detroit. For airfare, I've gotten some $29 fares on

. They don't fly every day to some destinations though, so it can be tough to string together a round trip.

4. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    If you wish to make a trip to a place where you could enjoy? Try out Shoppingspout.com and you would find amazing deals on trips on best prices. I tried it out and the experience was elegant :)

5. SuperSecretSanta

SuperSecretSantaNew Member

Threads:
    I'd have to say that the best deal we've ever found and were able to take advantage of was our honeymoon package in 2006. We grabbed an off-season 10day/9night stay at the Carambola in St. Croix for --- $35 per room/per night. NOT per person. It was on skyauction and I couldn't get my credit card out fast enough.

6. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    The best deal I got was on Qatar Airways. They were having a 50% off published rates which made airfare really cheap compared to other airlines. I was able to go to Nepal because of this and stay a few more days with the same amount I had budgeted. I would definitely suggest checking it out. I believe they do it yearly.

7. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    In the Philippines, I got this amazing deal to go to Hong Kong for only $100 with a trip to Disneyland! It's a 3-day and 4-night trip and I think that it was such a crazy deal. I got it online from a site called ensogo.com.

8. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    For me it was a trip to Ibiza for 500 Euro's for two of us. It was with a local travel agency in town. I have never managed to get a deal like that again though, lol. I am however always on the look out for deals, their doesn't seem to be many good deals around here at the moment.

9. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I got a ticket from Japan airlines that is lesser than the original price. I saved $600. It was last minute sale and I was so happy because of the discount I got. I saw the ticket online around 2 in the morning.