What was the first movie you ever saw that made you cry?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Mercy77 • Jun 5, 2013.

1. Mercy77

Mercy77Member

Threads:
    When I was 17 yrs old, I cried for the first time while watching a movie. That movie was "The Other Side Of The Mountain". It was about Jill Kinmont, a young skier who had a near fatal skiing accident which left her paralyzed from the neck down. By the way, this is a true story. Anyway, she went through so much and her story really touched my heart.

I was curious as to what movies other people have seen that made them ball their eyes out for the first time. So, what was the very first movie that you watched that made you cry?

#1Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Hard to say which one was my first, but i can say that "schindler's list" hit me pretty hard. I managed to watch the entire movie no problem, but then comes the part where you know who departs and the soundtrack got me good.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Fox and the Hound lol. Or was it Bambi? Disney is hardcore :p

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Ok, I am really going to give away my age on this one...Old Yeller. It is a very old movie about the love between a boy and his dog. Even though it is really sad when the dog dies, it does have a happy ending.

5. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I rarely cry in movies, but someone already beat me to it with schindler's list. It's really a deep and emotional movie and it was many years ago when I watched it and it really does have an impact on you, quite chilling.

6. littledipster

littledipsterNew Member

Threads:
    I really can't say for sure what movie was the first to make me cry, because I seem to remember crying about random things in movies and television that weren't even meant to be sad! I'm sure it was one of the old Disney movies, maybe Bambi! Oh! I just remembered that the Rugrats movie made me cry.. not sure if that's normal or not :p

7. brittanyt28

brittanyt28Member

Threads:
    I'm having a hard time remembering my exact first one. I think it was the movie about Adam Walsh. It was incredibly sad. Only a few movies move me enough to cry, because sometimes the things that happen in this world make me ball my eyes out.

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm having trouble recalling my very first as well, generally it takes a lot to make me cry in movies. The boy with the striped pajamas had it's moments.

9. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    For me, it would have to be titanic.
    I was still pretty young when I first watched it and the moment the ship was sinking was one of the most dramatic moments for me that caused me to cry. I pretty much just hugged my mom for the rest if the movie since I wasn't too strong to go through it alone. It was really something that had a powerful impact on me.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That would be on my list of firsts (in a theater at least). I'm not one for being able to cry in public but this one did it lol. I grew up a Titanic fan, I did so much reading and writing about it and I did projects and speeches.. I just loved the story (is it weird to love a tragedy? lol). So when this version came out, I started crying almost as soon as the first view of the boat LOL and every time they went under water and showed real footage. Great movie.

11. Mercy77

Mercy77Member

Threads:
    Yes, Titanic is one of my favorite movies though it didn't make me cry. I too have read so much about the Titanic and have lots of books and different movies and documentaries on the subject. I'm definitely a Titanic freak. LOL. I collect anything I can find on the subject.

12. rebeccalj278

rebeccalj278New Member

Threads:
    The first movie that made me cry was Titanic. I was with my then boyfriend at the movie theaters. I'm an emotional person, so I tend to cry with a lot of movies.

13. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really recall me crying over a movie, but I did drop a tear in one movie that I forgot the name of. Titanic, like the above movie was pretty sad as well, but not enough to make me cry :p. I cry more in TV shows than I do in movies.

14. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I think the first movie that ever made me cry was Brian's Song. I was just a kid when I first saw it and it even got to me then. Now that I am older I still cry when I have seen it reran on TV. The original version was just so well done, and the acting was amazing. Even the music was enough to move you to tears. I know it was a made for TV move, but it was well done, and to this day can still make me cry when I see it.

15. Jacotah

JacotahNew Member

Threads:
    The Green Mile for Sure! That is the first time I realized that I wasn't such a tough guy anymore. Haha, I was always embarrassed to cry but that movie was way to sad to hold it in. Like the entire movie they wrap in you on the Big Guy and they make you get a feel for how it is to be in his shoes. I really felt like I knew this guy, and the whole time I was saying to myself... "nope movies don't end like that".

Boy was I wrong. Super sad :(. Made me think a lot different about the death penalty.

16. ionamartin123

ionamartin123New Member

Threads:
    Not any movie yet. I'm not that tough guy to be known as. There are many movies that has moved me. But no movie has made me cry yet. Or am I strong internally? Maybe it is inter related with my character. I'm always cool and I take things not so seriously. People complaint about it :D But just now am I realizing that I have never cried in my life and what would be you guys' advice for me if you feel something wrong in me?

17. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a dude so I never cried on a movie. I have however when I was younger and still to this day gotten sad after seeing the scene in "Short Circuit 2" when Oscar's goons bash and mash up Johnny 5 the robot with the crowbars and stuff.

18. smilekill

smilekillNew Member

Threads:
    titanic is my first movie which made me to cry

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember crying in the cinema when I watched Titanic along with my classmates, but I was just a kid back then. Now that I'm an adult I wonder if I will still cry if I watch that movie again.

20. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    The first movie that made me cry is A walk to remember by Mandy Moore and Shane West. The movie is really touching. The story is about finding your true love, accepting things that are beyond our control, showing the person how we love him/her while we still have time. Jamie ( Mandy) is sick and fell inlove to Brandon. (Shane) Even though she is sick, Brandon marry her but then she died in the end. It was not a happy ending, but it is a good movie and it is one of my favorites.