What was the first movie you ever saw that made you cry?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Mercy77 • Jun 5, 2013.

1. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    The good old classic that was Titanic. I was just 8 at that time.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not 100% sure... for animation, probably All Dogs go to Heaven... that was brutal! I was really young when I watched it, my mom rented it for me. I remember watching it at night, before going out for dinner, and I cried my eyes out. My mom was scared when she saw how much it affected me. I'm very sensitive to animals.

3. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    Incredible how the second post in the topic is exactly what I was going to post :)
    I remember watching that movie when I was a kid and crying a lot, they really shouldn't market that to children :)

4. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    The Yearling. I had to watch this movie when I was in school after we tead the book. This was about a boy and the young deer he had. I cried when his dad had to kill the deer. It was a very emotional scene for me.

5. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    The only movie I watch that has made me cry is "A Walk to Remember." It is such a wonderful movie that adapts from the book in which is written by Nicolas Sparks. I have watched the movie more than 20 times, which is unusual for me because I don't re-watch movies unless they are absolutely good.

6. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    The land before time is the one. This movie made me lose a few plunges of my tears. I remember watching it last year a time when my little brother had just come from high school during the October holiday. I had been watching it alone crying all over before he pierced in without my notice…and surprisingly that’s all what he keeps yelling to everyone. Though I don’t love it I always have to admit that I cried and really I cried..

7. dapperdileep

dapperdileepNew Member

Threads:
    Forrest Gump. I tear up every time Forrest goes " I'm not a smart man but I know what love is". Its such an awesome movie. I love how the story blends in with the pop culture of that time, the music, the acting .... infact everything about that is movie is awesome!!!

8. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I still cry when I see a sad part in a movie. I am a real softy at heart and there are always going to be movies that I will cry at. I may get teased by friends, but I don't care that is just how I am.

9. Pickicool

PickicoolNew Member

Threads:
    I've never seen a movie that made me cry. For cons, I listened to such a sad anime that is applellait "Clannad After Story".

I think this is one of the few works that I liked and was able to make me cry.

Otherwise, I can say the film Skyfall 007. IT made ​​me cry because the movie was really bad.
    It was so bad that I was crying to have wasted money and time in there.
    hahaha!

More seriously, it's hard to make me cry in a movie. Actors often do not spend enough of emotions. :(

10. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    The fist movie that made me cry was Karate Kid . I had a crush in him and they kept beating him up :(:D

11. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I can't remember the first movie I cried at, but I remember a lot of tear jerkers. I cry easily. Let's see... Beaches with Bette Midler, Rain Man with Tom Cruise, A Walk to Remember, Titanic, Up, Fox and the Hound, Bambi, Old Yeller, and What's Eating Gilbert Grape starring Johnny Depp and Leo DeCaprio.

12. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    There's only one movie that always makes me cry every time I watch it, which is called "A Walk to Remember". I have watched it probably more than 20 times, which I always cry when it's closer to the end. It's a poignant and tragic movie about a girl who is very sick (I'm not going to spoil the movie here). I have also read the book, which is written by Nicholas Sparks. It's such a WONDERFUL movie right there!

13. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    The first movie I watched was Man on Fire. The movie is quite badass and emotional. For Denzel being my favorite actor I love the moment when he goes to kill himself following his late night drinking indulge while the bullet doesn't go off. After this you can see the bullet with the dent in the back which absolutely gave me chills.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In 1980's ,I cried over the scene in The Neverending Story where Atreyu's horse Artax sank into the swamp of sadness and died. That horse literally gave up on life and was swallowed up by despair. That's pretty awful for a child's fantasy adventure movie.

15. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I remember this movie called 'Fly Away Home'. It's a kid adventure movie. This is actually my favorite movie as a kid and i remember watching it over and over again. I think the very sad part was the end of the movie. It was heartbreaking. ;(