What was the last movie you saw in theaters?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by xcmiller93x • Apr 30, 2012.

1. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    This came out ALREADY?! Where the feck have I been? This is the movie with Thor, Ironman, Hulk, and others right? I swear I have to have some time off.

2. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    This is going to sound kind of bad, but the last movie I saw in a cinema was Red Tails and I only went because I was trying to support a director doing a film with an all black cast. That said it was a great picture and it was great to have that sense of excitement and all of a real audience around you. Mostly however it's me and either netflix or redbox.

3. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    Last film I watched was "The Hunger Games" and I must say I kind of liked it. It was maybe a little bit too obscure and many things are more clear in a book, but still it was worth seeing.

4. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    The last movie I saw was with my family. It was The Lorax, and we watched it in 3D. It was a great movie, but it was too short...
    I wish that it was longer... But sadly it wasn't. It was a great movie though, haha.

5. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    The last movie that I saw was The Avengers. It was such a fun movie and me and my husband had been looking forward to it for months. The movie had great characters with a great blend of action and humor.

6. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I seriously cannot even remember what the last movie I saw in theaters was. It's been way too long. I've just never bothered since it is very expensive and I don't have the time or inclination. I just wait for it to come out on DVD or I'll stream it on Netflix or something.

7. jnmcksmom

jnmcksmomNew Member

Threads:
    I only go to the movies once every few months. I haven't been to see any since around March or April. The last movie I saw was Silent Hill. It was ok, but not nearly as scary as I had expected. Now that it's June it is almost time for us to hit the theater again.

8. Wheely

WheelyNew Member

Threads:
    The last movie I saw was The Hunger Games. I've heard many people rave about it, but I actually didn't care for it. It’s basically about a tyrannical government that forces children to fight to the death once a year, which is horrible. Also, the backstory of how this came to be made no sense.

9. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" at the end of December. That film was superb, except for the dreadful score. I'm shocked Gary Oldman didn't get an Academy Award nomination for his role as George Smiley and the film didn't get any recognition whatsoever.

Anyway, next up is "Prometheus" and "The Dark Knight Rises."

10. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Wow. It's been so long since I've seen a movie in a theater that I'm only in this thread to try to jog my memory about what it was that I saw and it's still not coming to me. I know that it has been at least two years, because I haven't seen a movie in the current city that I'm living in. I still can't think of the movie and I know it has to be more recent than Spider Man, because that was the first one, not any of the sequels, but that the one that keeps popping into my head.

11. Cheseloo

CheselooMember

Threads:
    LOL! The last movie I saw in a theater was Then Hangover.

Part 1

12. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Despicable Me when my friends made me come along with them. I know. It's been a while.

13. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I just got to see Snow White and The Huntsman - and aside from the lacking ending, it was actually awesome. Though I can't say much for Kristen's lack of having a more mild-mannered demeanor for "Snow White" (it's not her fault, it's just her eyes are too powerful), she fits the role perfectly as someone with "skin white as snow, hair as black as ebony wood and lips as red as a rose".

Also, because Chris Hemsworth.

14. Daz

DazNew Member

Threads:
    The last movie that I went to the cinema / theatre to see was Batman The Dark Knight Rises! I am a massive fan of the new Batman films and think they are 3 of the best films I have seen over the past few years.

I was eager to see the new film but a little bit worried that it wouldn't live up to the reputation of the previous 2 films especially after hearing from some friends that they didn't think it was as good as the others, however I absolutely loved it!

I don't want to give too much away as there are some fantastic scenes and twists in the film that I wouldn't want to spoil, but anybody who enjoyed the first 2 will love this next chapter in the story!

15. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    Last movie I saw in the movie theater was The Dark Rises I thought it was really good.

16. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    It's been a while, but the last movie I saw was Toy story3. Okay, I'm grown, but some kids never grow up. Strange. I love that picture. And watched it over and over, I guess because of the purple teddy bear and the big baby.

17. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    The last movie my wife and I attended in the theater was Indiana Jones and the Krystal Skull. We absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, the lame-brained critics ripped it apart. I guess if they just agree with the fans, then they have nothing to report.

18. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Prometheus. Yeah, I don't go to cinema much. :) I have to say I liked the movie, even though the general opinion I've heard was pretty negative. I guess going in without knowing much about the movie helps, at least I wasn't expecting anything. I'm definitely planning to go see Dredd when it's out here, as well.

19. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I think the last time was when I got free tickets to the screening of Moneyball like a week or so before it came out. It was so packed but it was a good movie and glad I got to see it.

20. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    The movie called "9" back in 2009 was the last time I went. I would love to go watch more, but the only movies here are all in some Ukrainian Dub, which is a big NO from me.