What was your best deal?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Athena02 • Mar 17, 2014.

1. Athena02

Athena02Member

Threads:
    What was the best deal you've ever gotten when buying online? Not including seasonal deals like Black Friday and the likes :p

Mine was basically a personal favor from a Chinese seller. I normally bought like 2 Tablet PCs from him every month (for family or friends), and there was this one month where he sent me 4 instead of 2 :p They normally cost $150 each.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How lucky you were Athenna.

For me the best deal I've ever got was on software. There was a free version of the software that didn't work as well as the "pro" version that cost $30. Since the free version could to a certain extent do a good job, I was unwilling to upgrade. However, one day while browsing the developer's web-site I discovered that they were offering the "pro" version of the software for free download for just that one day.

Boy, did I hesitate?

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have gotten a lot of good deals in my life time but two stand out that happened when I was young, and possibly, these got me hooked on 'finding a deal' rather than paying full price. The first was when I was in the state of PA, it was a Doc Martins shoe store and I found a pair for 20.00 new. They fit me, I loved the look, and they were the 'in thing' in the 90's. I still have them! The soles never ware out on those shoes. The next memory was of a snowboard that I got for 40.00; it was a goofy foot board, with a cool logo. My friends, newly married husband, and my younger brother were all into snowboarding and I was not but wanted to give it a try. Renting was expensive and I didn't want to invest in something like a 100.00 board (which was a cheap one) if I wasn't sure I would like it. My great deal on a board that was the perfect fit for me kept me going and enjoying it for a few years. But I never much did it after those few years. So I'm still glad to this day I didn't spend a lot on a board. Those are the two buys that stick in my mind.

4. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    I've bought online a pair of dumbbells 2 years ago for about 33 dollars I believe this is a really good deal as I still use them. I even think of reselling them and maybe even make some profit if I will purchase a gym membership in the near future. The dumbbells weighs around 20 pounds each.