What Was Your First Job?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by rosemoon • Jul 10, 2016.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I joined as a sales engineer in a multinational company manufacturing welding equipment but was soon sent to Russia for specialization in metallurgy and welding technology. Later I switched to communication because I like the job and opportunity to travel in far off places.

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    My first job was being a sales associate at a discounted fashion store. I had a great time with my co-workers but when it came to the supervisor things were not as good. She wanted to fire me right away without giving me a chance until one day a customer didn't like the way she was talking to me, the customer went up to her and told her that the reason she would come back is because I gave out great customer service. The supervisor judge me for my looks without getting to know my work. I ended up working there for about a year and a half until the store closed down.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I did the work of a mason when I was a high school student. My brother in law as a skilled carpenter and a mason. I joined with his work for he had hired me. I just received an instruction from him on what to do and I did my work well.

4. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    My first job was basically an assistant secretary. Like I would assist the secretary of this firm haha. It was pretty lame because all I did was sort files and take phone calls. It was a good learning experience though and I don't regret doing it.

5. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    My first job was as billing clerk in a 300 bedded hospital. I was 19 years old. I worked there for 13 long years. In the years I got promoted to the Accounts section. I left the place after I got married and shifted to another city. I really enjoyed working there.

6. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I washed dishes at a local restaurant. It was sort for an odd experience as they paired me with the guy who was a religious fundementalist. I told him I liked the Greatful Dead and he said they played evil music. :rolleyes:

7. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I can't tell if it is called a job but it did give me a lot as a student though. When I was 17 and studying in a public universtiy, I played online games and sold rare items for real cash to other players, I made around 50 dollars every other day for that. At that same time I sold shoes and over run branded clothes to a lot of students in school which paid for my tuition for 2 years.

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I started as an auditor in a pubic auditing firm right after passing the board exams. The job often entailed traveling to different provinces and performing audit work on the accounting records and operations of different clients. It wasn't an easy job. I was assigned to a managing partner whose clients are mostly religious congregations, Catholic schools, and well-known printing presses. She wasn't exactly a good mentor but I managed to learn the ins and outs of auditing on the job.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    My very first job was a sales associate and that was when I was 15. It was just a summer job but it was really fun and exciting which I never expected. I think that working as a sales associate at a very young age has taught me a lot particularly in terms of negotiating and providing quality service. Though it only lasted for 2 months, it was one of a kind experience which I will never forget :D

10. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Hi, I am sorry that you had such a bad experience with your first job. My first job was as a driver in the army. At 18 years I was recruited in the army and there I was hired as a driver for a general. It was the best job ever, I have traveled all over the country, have eaten in restaurants with my boss (the general), and had a lot of benefits (was going home when I wanted and this was not possible at that time, or getting out the unity when I needed to buy something). Going out from the unity was not allowed, in the communist era of the 80'.

11. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Oh man! This is taking me down memory lane. My first job was door to door sales. I was on a college break and I needed money for a new bicycle I think. So I sold books and toys in my dads car. I made a ton of cash so I did this often. I was very lucky in two ways; I had a car to move around with and I had a list of interested client list.

12. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    After graduation, i worked at a call center for about 4 months until i couldn't take it any more, it was stressful, tiring and exauhsting.

13. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverMember

Threads:
    At the age of 15, my first job was at a local fitness center serving yogurt smoothies and watching children while their parents worked out. It was fun, the benefits were nice.....free access to the center, free tanning, etc. However, it did come with its fair share of perverted men....which led me to pursue a job elsewhere.

14. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    My first part time job was in a maternity hospital cleaning up afterbirth .. quite gross when I think of it but well paid.

My first full time job was a junior secretary. It was back in 1968 and I earned £6 week which sounds ludicrous now. I gave £2 to my mum and had £4 left over for me.

15. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    My first job was not so remarkable, I was trying to check in the parking tickets in a local parking lot.
    It was a part time job and was doing it while I was only a teen.
    It lasted less than a month and it was a terrible experience.

16. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    My first Job was a time keeper. My cousin was an Engineer and I told him that I am looking for a summer job so that is why he gave me that job. My real first job was a call center agent. It was the most annoying job ever. I lasted 3 painful years on that job. Why I stayed? Simple, I need the money. Now I am working on the job that I want.