What Were Some Of Your Favorite Old School Games? (Genesis, SNES, Arcade, etc.)

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by ohiotom76 • Sep 21, 2012.

1. husstopher

husstopherMember

Threads:
    My favorite was Duck Hunt for the NES. I just cant get over the fact that they had a gun that you shoot at the television.

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you find that amazing, did you know that around the same time, there was a TV show that let you "shoot" the bad guys with special toys made just for that? :)

3. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    I have so many favorites like Final Fantasy, Super Mario and Super Sonic but my ultimate favorite is Pokemon using Gameboy Color! :) I was so hooked before that I even use our flashlight at nights since Gameboy Color before has no backlight. I still play now using an emulator on my PC when I'm bored and need to pass time. :)

4. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Super Mario was really the first ever video game that I have played and then it started from that. From that time, I also tried out other games like Canon Contra, Mortal Combat and other some adventure games.

5. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    My brother and I used to get into battles when we would play Street Fighter! I would always beat him using Chun Li; he hated it. Sonic the Hedgehog and Earthworm Jim were heavily played as well in our household. I miss those days...

6. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here are my favorite old-school games per genre:
    1. Fighting - Yi Ar Kung-fu for the NES.
    2. Strategy - I liked the original Front Mission for the SNES. It was a very addictive strategy game involving mechs that made me play for hours.
    3. Action - Contra for the NES. This provided 8 levels of non-stop action. It had a great 2-player mode too!
    4. RPG - Chrono Trigger for the SNES. This game provided a massive quest where you would save the world.
    5. Sports - PunchOut! on the SNES. It was the best fighting game available at the time.

7. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    There are so many games from the NES era that I would love to play again. Besides the typical titles (Mario, Zelda, etc) some of the games I liked were Duck Tales, Legendary Wings, the Double Dragon games, TMNT II, and Battletoads and Double Dragon.

8. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    When I was younger and still in middle school I enjoyed playing Baldur's Gate. It had a great plot and characters. I remember I spent hours playing that game :)

9. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    The very first one that I can remember well was Falcon Patrol. I played it on the Commodore 64. Much later I was playing Doom until my son used the cheat code and spoiled the game. Then there was a period of time when I was playing Mortal Kombat. That was good. Eventually I got into strategy games. I finished the entire Warcraft series and now I am in the World of Warcraft. Still playing.

10. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    Super mario 3 and zelda on NES. I pretty much grew up playing those games.

11. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I thought Super Mario and Street Fight was a fun game on the NES. Also, I think it brings back a lot of memories.

12. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    I was a huge fan of the games Namco and Midway had out in the arcades. So stuff like Pac-Man and Championship Sprint were my passion back then.

13. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite gaming system so far is Super Nintendo. It's the best platform ever in my opinion. I loved the mario games.

14. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that was a long time ago. I used to love playing Galaga and Centipede. And there was another arcade game I liked, I think it was called Space Invaders. Those were the days.

15. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too!

My favorites were Ms. Pacman, Space Invaders and Centipede.

16. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I really liked Sonic, Mortal Kombat (the newer versions with Liu Kang and Raiden were amazing for the PS2 too), Donkey Kong, Mario...

17. ridwan sameer

ridwan sameerNew Member

Threads:
    One of my favorite PS1 games was "Sheep, Dog N Wolf" Such an epic game, played it on my PSP Aswell (Emulator)

18. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The later Mortal Kombat games were actually pretty bad, they tarnished the series' name among the fans completely. They had some pretty broken mechanics and stuff that made it impossible to play competitively, which should have been the main concern..