What Would You Do If Traveling Was Free?

Discussion in Travel started by Paran Kapur • Jul 29, 2017.

1. Paran Kapur

Paran KapurNew Member

Threads:
    I have always wondered, "What would happen if traveling was free?", and yet always get stuck in the wild range of possibilities that come to my head. There are so many places around the World. We all are busy with our lives, carrying out the responsibilities that bind us, all dreaming about a little break from the monotonous life. Imagine one day you wake up and you have the option to travel anywhere free of cost, what would you do?

Most of the people around the globe do not have enough money to live a sustainable life and wish to travel around the globe, explore new places, discover themselves, find reasons to live happily and to make beautiful memories. I would love to travel Europe and Canada. What about you?

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I would definitely take advantage of free travel. I think I would travel all over the world to places that I wouldn't be able to afford to travel to if it wasn't free. I'm not sure where I would go to first. I would probably go to Europe and Australia before deciding where else to go. I don't think there will be enough time to discover all the places that the world have to offer though.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, free travel would be welcomed by most persons. However, how would it be administered or controlled and what about the cost, I believe that this would be a seemingly impossible arrangement because of the expenses that would be associated with it which someone or some entity would have to foot the bill. If it was possible, however, I would travel to places like Paris, London, California, and Dubi places that I have always desired to visit.

4. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    If travel were free I would go everywhere. I would visit my family regularly and go on days out to various places. If travel were free I would be able to put that money towards a hotel stay instead so it would mean that I could take more holidays as well.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If travel was free with all the amenities like 4 star hotel, meals and transportation when you arrive at your destination I'd travel to Canada first, the Britain then northern Europe. Then I'd like to go to Japan. After all that I'd like to go to each State in America. Stay in luxury hotels, eat the best and have a lot of fun exploring each place.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I think I don't want to let it pass. I want to grab that opportunity to travel for free. I love going to places outside our country. I have read a lot of places that are beautiful and lots of amazing history and culture. I want to explore them personally via an educational tour or sponsored travel project. Availing of this free travel would be the chance of making myself go out around the world.

7. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    If traveling is free then I would've traveled my own country when I was still younger. I haven't really traveled a lot of places in my country though I have been to some places abroad. I would like to check out the beaches and the countryside since a lot of my friends who have visited such places say it was worth the trip.

8. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I would definitely visit the wonders of the world, first off would be Egypt as I'm really mesmerized by the pyramid and I always wanted to see it up-close or in real life. If travel is free then I think my parents would be the happiest aside from they can travel a lot, they won't be having any problems in bringing my younger brother with them abroad.

9. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    Well, i have always wanted to go to Japan, i admire their innovation, culture, discipline, they are one of the most technology advanced countries.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Surely I wouldn't see the same people more than once in my life. :p The world is too big to travel frequently to the same places (even though they are places that bring me great memories :)).

11. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I would not miss that chance because I have a long list of places to explore which is quite expensive for my budget and I seriously hope that one day I would explore those places when I have enough money. The first place would be Singapore because it has been my dream to go to Singapore since school days. Other places would be Japan, Italy and New York, Los Angels, Thailand, and some other European countries. :)

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    To be very frank the charm of traveling to places would be lost if if the traveling was made free as per your choice. Let me know how many times in a day/week/month do you take advantage of going to places where you can walk free or within your reach? I have known many who do not wish to get out of their room and take advantage of what Mother Nature has provided for free of cost. But yes, I would take full advantage of going to more places if there was no money involved.

13. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    If travel was free, I would love to go with Elon Musk to Planet Mars. Why go anyplace on earth when I can fly to beyond planets and see Earth from up there? Just kidding :p

Seriously though, there are a lot of places on my list of go to spots. But my number one country is Australia. To go on a tour of Australia is the stuff dreams are made of. It seems so hidden and beautiful. And those Youtube videos on Travel Australia are just killing it men!

14. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    I have walked, travelled on a vehicle, train and even a plane, but I don't think any of them beats a trip on a cruise ship. Imagine a travel in which you are in artificial paradise sorrounded by a vast water body. Therefore, if travelling was free, I would definitely board a cruise ship from Africa to Spain and back.

Even though I am saving in hope of travelling in one some day, if God allows, free travel would have saved me huge.

15. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    What do you exactly mean by " if travelling was free"? Do you mean to say free transportation, or free accomodation, or free food, or free in all respect? If everything related to travelling was free, I would travel to the places I have always wanted to go but never been able to go because of financial constrains, I would visit every places that my my legs have not traversed. In fact I would travel to every places on earth, from antartica to artic.

16. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    That would really open things up for me, and I would probably have to make a long list of places I would like to see. I bet that all of Europe would get a good looking at.

17. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I’m sorry but I cannot imagine that travel would be free. However, let me imagine a big discount on travel tickets, whether by train, bus or plane. We are frequent travelers to Asian countries and we have been availing of discounted plane tickets since 2012, that was the last time we bought a regular plane ticket. And because of the cheap plane fare, we are now traveling 4 to 6 times a year. For this year of 2017, we had 3 trips already, 1 this month and 3 later this year for a total of 7 countries. Isn’t it great?

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    What I feel is that a thing available to you for free soon lose s its charm so I would prefer if they reduce the cost of traveling. I thin the travel companies would lose not much if they reduced the price because in that case more people would plan their tours more frequently. As far I am concerned whatever travel I do is almost free because 90% of my traveling is official.

19. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    In fact there are many beautiful cities in the world I have heard great talks about but haven't had the opportunity to visit them and a have feel of the life there. If travelling is free then that would be a great opportunity for me to board the airplane and visit cities like Paris, New York, London and a host of other beautiful places in the world. I may make such an exercise a routine since I am sure of free transportation any time or whenever.

20. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I'd never stay at home during weekends. And I'd do the work which would be possible while traveling. Like say many freelance projects are already being done while traveling. So you can see that it can be really good to travel without having to stick yourself into some sort of rut. That's something I'd be looking for sure. I'd never stay home from that point onwards.