What Would You Do If Traveling Was Free?

Discussion in Travel started by Paran Kapur • Jul 29, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I was just wondering if they could make traveling absolutely free of cost would they be able to provide all other facilities that go with traveling free of cost too? In that case I would always stay in a plane or train and enjoy the life without doing a thing. But that's not possible so I would settle for a little lesser cost of traveling, that's all.

2. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Travelling has always been free, it's just that we chose to do the easy part like using cars, buses, airplanes and many other means of transportation. When the wheels were not yet invented, people just walk and they were able to go places far and wide. But since it's not practical to do it in these modern times, I guess we just have to deal with those travel expenses. Then again, if it's free I would love to travel the world and go to distant places to meet new people and experience different cultures.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @TheOtherSide@TheOtherSide Oh yes, but no one would think about traveling on foot anymore. Those were the times when people used to walk for shorter distances and the world was not yet fully "INVENTED" so walking, horse riding or covering distances on animal driven carts was fine. But do you think that was free? No even that needed a lot of expenses. One had to stay in places while covering distances on foot or by animal driven carts which took lot of precious time and expenses were involved to.

4. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Somehow you were right, but there are other options other than going to inns and hotels for that matter. Some would prefer to camp and spend the night sleeping in sleep bags, but it's a little risky of course. Even today, there are still people who deems staying at hotels while travelling is just a waste of money like the backpackers. Hence they just brought camping tent and camps on places where they could spend the night off than stay at some hotels.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @TheOtherSide@TheOtherSide There is no end to this particular topic as even reaching to the camping destination would not be free and how about other related expenses like what you pay for toll tax petrol, service to your car and buying tents etc and not to mention the food items. However if you talk about reducing expenses by cutting luxury then the concept is fine to some extent. But when we talk about traveling we have a wider horizon in our minds.

6. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Traveling for free is just a nice dream. If that would be possible I would take a long vacation and travel in a lot of places, somewhere I have never been before. Life is very hard and with our salary, we must pay our bills, medicines, food, some clothes. Paying all these there will be no left money to travel anymore, and traveling is too expensive these days!

7. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    If this could happen so I will never stay at my home during vacations.I will visit many countries to know about their people and culture.I will know that how these countries are developed or developing in different fields of life.I would prefer to know about the developing countries all over the world by visiting them.Isn't it a good idea to enjoy free travelling?

8. Punkin

PunkinMember

Threads:
    I am the restless type of person, having been the victim of an insatiable wanderlust since I was a little child. If travel were free, I would sell my home and spend the rest of my days living a nomadic lifestyle. I'd drift from port to port, traveling through fields and mountains, oceans and well worn roads. There's no plac eon Earth that doesn't have at least one great reason to visit and I am greedy to collect those experiences.

9. Bani

BaniNew Member

Threads:
    This would be a dream come true. Personally, I enjoy travelling but unfortunately the high cost limits my travelling to specific places. I enjoy meeting new people and exploring new cultures thus, I would always be on the move.

10. nanachan7

nanachan7New Member

Threads:
    Oh my gosh! I got excited just by imagining all the places I could go to if traveling was free! :rolleyes: If this is a reality, I guess people would be more informed about other cultures. You see, it's different when you just read them on books than when you really experience it. Going around the world wouldn't be a dream. Of course you still have to have money since you still have to buy food, clothes, and everything during your travel. I guess this will also mean that all transportation services are owned by the government, including airlines. I'm just wondering if the service will still be the same. Maybe there will be no 1st class and business class offers. Maybe vehicles wouldn't be well maintained. I don't know. :p It's exciting and scary at the same time. :D

11. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    Impossible but If that were to happen, I would travel the world. My first destination would be Mecca in Saudi Arabia. Then I'll hold a map and go anywhere I blindly touch. Oh my I would live traveling my entire life

12. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    If traveling was free I would want to travel all around the world especially places where nature is the principle vacacion spot. I love to see how nature is beautifully growing without polution or anything disturbing it. I love seeing green landscapes and beaches that look clean and clear.

13. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    @kamai@kamai That is an entirely different way to spend free travel. I love that idea too.

#33Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017
  14. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    If traveling were free, I would escape to mountains, maybe the Swiss Alps or somewhere in the Himalayas as all the beaches and other popular places would be crammed with crazy crowds! :eek:

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not sure about Switzerland but you can stay in Himalayas for free for as long as you want to. There are thousands of places which allow you to stay and supply you three meals without charging a single penny. And you would be surprised to note that not only poor but millionaires come and stay there. The places are known for their religious values which start right from Hardwar, Rishikesh and go on up to Badrinath and Kedarnath. However, you will have to pay for your journey unless you are a VIP.

16. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    My family has never traveled at all to abroad, we aren't inclined to do so, and it would require us to save for it. So if an opportunity will present itself to travel for free then for sure I will take advantage of it, after all it will be my 1st time to be in another country.

17. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I know people that work while they are traveling, but traveling for free does not seem to realistic? But it would be fun to become a vagabond, but I need a base to come back to. I have some wonderlust in me,but I would use my creative talents to find a great way to find hiking trails, that I could backpack on,and get me back to nature. I think this would restore my soul and health,because I think nature can make you feel closer to God -these are the only things I understand as I get older.

18. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    If travelling was free, I would go to South Korea and be at the famous locations in that country. This is because I'm an avid fan of Korean Dramas. I would also would like to go to Italy and France with the one I will love in the future. Because that's every girls' dream, to travel with the man they love.