What Would You Do If You Hit A Saving Threshold?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Feb 24, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Supposing you're using coupons, eliminating unnecessary expenses, etc — doing all you can to save money — what if you get to the point where there's nothing else you can do to save more money? Do you try to find other ways to save money or give a yourself a pat on the back and continue using your old money saving strategies to keep saving the same amount of money each month or each year?

#1Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Good OP @Denis Hard@Denis Hard. I would continue my usual methods to save. The only thing I would see to do next is to sell of items until you are down to the simple necessities and depositing the monies with hopes that the interest on it would make it worth doing so. Hmm, that's not such a bad idea.

3. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    If I have exhausted all of my options and if I don't have any specific saving goals that I have to accomplish (unlike other people who plan to move, etc.), then I would be satisfied with that method and pat myself in the head. However, from time to time irregular ways of saving money pops up and I am the kind of guy who won't let those kinds of opportunity pass. When it happens, I would be very happy because those kinds of things help me increase my savings without actually doing things that are habitual.

4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    It is quite a feat to save and hit a threshhold where saving more makes no strategic sense after achieving your goals. But there is such a thing as the diminishing nature of human wants. Once you achieve a goal, a new window of wants opens and with time, you feel dissatisfied. So, yes financial goals can be inexhaustable. Some people follow another trajectory and blow up their savings. I think personally, I would invest in a charitable foundation to combat hunger.

5. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I would just be happy with my efforts, because even though I love saving money, even I do believe that it can go too far sometimes, so we have to be very careful that we allow ourselves the chance to enjoy life as well as simply saving as much as we can. I do like saving money wherever I can, though.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will just stop at that, because you don't really want to save to the point of being a miser, right? When you can't save any more then just leave it at that, after all there are still many more days and paychecks to come to be able to save once more.

7. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I'm always on the look out to save more money! I'll look into new ways to get cash back, new sites that might offer more cash back than the ones I'm using, continue to look for more ways to use coupons, keep checking Dollar stores for cheaper products I can stock up on... I guess I'm never satisfied with saving a lot. I always want to save more!

I also look into ways I can repurpose the packaging from products I buy too to maximise the use from whatever products I've bought and save myself money not having to buy something else. Finding a new use for that packaging always feels like another little accomplishment to me.

8. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    Hitting a plateau while saving money can be frustrating enough to want to throw in the towel and quit all of your money saving practices. However, whenever I get to feeling as though all of the work I put in to saving money is not panning out, it makes me aim to try harder and keep being consistent. Most money-saving practices take time to pay off, so if you quit early you may not see the results. One way that helps me to save money when I feel as though I cannot cut anymore, I simply stay out of the stores and try to spend no extra money beyond our monthly bills. Sometimes meals have to be creative with what we have, and home entertainment is not always glamorous, but it helps to save money.

9. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I am always on the lookout for new ways to save or stores that I know have the least expensive products. The use of money saving apps, I think has a lot of potential ways to save, and I haven't exhausted that avenue. I think the potential to save is really available on many items. YOu just have to tap into them.

10. venusflytrap

venusflytrapMember

Threads:
    I think you can only get so far with saving before you reach your limit. You have to be more ingenious and start thinking of ways and means to create some extra money. I find that if you think about money in a positive manner, such as visualizing that money is coming your way all the time, there are actually doors that seem to suddenly and magically open, and that show you the way how to get what you need or want. At least, that's how it works in my experience.