What Would You Do?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by JosieP • Feb 18, 2015.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Your doctor just called with your test results and.. are you sitting down? You're immortal, LOL.

Before we get into the "what would you do", I'm curious how you would feel. Is this a good thing for you? A bad thing? I'm talking truly immortal, absolutely nothing will kill you. But lets just say you go when the last of humanity does, to make it at least a little less impossible to think about. You will never be alone unless you choose to be and you won't be floating around in space for eternity if the earth blows up lol.

Ok. Now that we know how we feel about this... how do you choose to live your life? What will you do now that you truly have forever? I won't add any other details, I'd love to see where you go with it :)

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haha that would be amazing if that was true considering my irrational fear. Here's the only problem would you still experience pain or aging? Would you still need to eat considering nothing will happen if you starve yourself?
    This question calls for a lot of questions.
    I would assume the doctor was wrong though since I don't trust my doctor with anything so it wouldn't really change anything.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lmao!!! That would probably be my initial thought too.. never thought about that. Though I'm sure you'd figure it out after a few more years of not aging. But yes, you would feel pain and all the other consequences of eating poorly or getting run over by a vehicle, so being careful would still be a good idea lol. You won't die.. but pain and suffering is still possible.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd be even more concerned about my finances, since living forever means that you can't retire because you'll have expenses forever. I would imagine that even if I had a high interest savings account for 500 years ,the bank would eventually go out of business before I could collect that money.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ok, this isn't going at all how I expected LOL.. reality bites. Good point. Any immortals I've read about are filthy rich, but things are different now.. now many people aren't able to save for a day, let alone racking a billion years of debt on top of it. BUT with all those years ahead of you, lets say you one day get the dream job or you find a way to start over educationally and any career is waiting for you; as long as it takes.. at some point, money won't be an issue. Too much realism ruins a good day dream lol.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well if I was filthy rich and immortal, I would have lots of time to work on art and wouldn't have to worry about whether it sold or not. I could learn all the languages I want to learn, travel to all the countries I want to see , help as many needy people as I want , because things are still crappy for the poor and I don't see any progress being made even though there are a zillion charities that claim to be helping, and I would live to see everyone I hate die of old age. Since I would be immortal, I would let my daughter retire at age 35 and support her financially so that she can relax and travel. If I couldn't make her immortal, I would at least support her in her middle and old age.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Watching our kids go would definitely be the hardest part. Ugh. After that, I wouldn't be able to stay in one place. I would gradually make my way around the world.. taking in life and helping where I can. Completely agree about the charities. There are just no excuses anymore.